Chapter 18

Once she was at the waiting area, she saw her aunt. She was sitting on the same spot like last time as if it was her favourite place.

When she saw Piya in front of her she smiled and patted the seat near her for her to sit.

"Why did he leave without seeing me?" Nita asked looking at the entrance from where she had entered and then back to Piya.

"And how do you know he was here?"

She knew exactly the he she was referring to was Viren because never once in her whole life she had introduced anyone to her aunt. Not even Simran or Mike. Her aunt had causally decided to visit her cafe once and met them.

"Oh come on Piyu. I never saw you biting your lips so badly. Also... I was young once upon a time. Not that that I am old now but still...."

Piya blushed hard and looked down trying to hide her face behind her hair.

"So tell me dear why is your face looking like tomato and why are your lips swollen? Were there any bees out at this time that bit you?" Nita was teasing her.

"Aunt Nita please. And how is grandma?" She tried to change topic.

"Oh no don't you dare change the topic and yes Maa is doing well and we will discuss that later. So…?"

"So what?" Piya tried to act oblivious.

"Do you want me to spell every word for you? Come on, out with it and I want every juicy detail." She again teased her giving her a smirk.

"Aunt Nita please. It was nothing like that."

"Um hmm…keep going I am listening."

"AUNT NITA!"

"PIYU!"

Nita laughed and gave Piya a side hug and kissed her temple.

"I'm so happy for you Piyu."

"Stop calling me that. You even called me Piyu in front of him yesterday. And he was asking about it what do I tell him aunt Nita."

"The truth Piyu. Tell him the truth. From my experience I can tell that he might be rough on the edges but he is a good person. And he cares for you. I saw it in his eyes last night by the way he was behaving with you. His eyes never left you. He adores you."

May be this is it Piyu. We don't need to run anymore, we don't need to hide anymore. There is someone who can protect you." She continued.

"But…"

"No buts Piyu. Let him decide, don't take a decision for him."

Even though her aunt was right she still had few doubts. What if he decides to leave her once he gets to know her, what if he starts hating her for lying, what if he…

No. Her aunt was right. She should let him decide and no matter what she will accept whatever he decides. Even if it meant staying away from him. Forever.

"Okay then I will talk to him tomorrow and tell him everything."

"Even better. Tomorrow is Sunday so you don't have work in morning. You two can go somewhere to talk. Alone." Nita suggested teasingly emphasing the word talk.

"But I already told him no." Nita raised one eyebrow at her. 

"Well he um… he wanted to take me out on a date, because it's Sunday and he won't be working."

Nita narrowed her eyes and Piya continued.

"But aunt Nita I wanted you to take some rest you have been with grandma all the time."

"Yes Piyu I need rest badly. These doctors here give me so much work that I am not even able sit for a minute."

Nita said sarcastically. She looked up and sighed.

"Brother please forgive me if I kill your daughter now." Nita muttered to herself.

"Piyu tell me one thing. How come even after staying with me for so long you turned out this way and learnt a thing from me?

You know when I was in college my father and your father had hard time chasing my boyfriends away. And look at you, a sweet innocent Angel."

Piya wanted to argue on that but Nita cut her.

"Piyu sweetheart stop worrying about me and Maa. Think about yourself. And incase you don't know the doctors informed me in the morning that Maa's health has stabilized so I went home and had my beauty sleep and even got my daily dose of gossips."

"You are not saying this just to make me feel better right?" She asked suspiciously.

Nita groaned.

"You want details about why there were police in our neighbourhood last night. Trust me I went all CID on the gossips. 

And now if you are thinking about grandma, she is getting better. These hospitals pay doctors and nurses for a reason Piyu. So don't you dare think about anything else and go out, live a little. Love a little more…." She again teased Piya.

Piya blushed and her aunt laughed at her. She decided to text Viren in case he was sleeping and asked him to meet her at 10:00 am instead of later. She had enough time to tell him everything and he decides to stay with her they can go for lunch or something. She was looking forward for tomorrow. It can turn out to be the best day of her life or the worst day of her life.

********************************