Chapter 17

When Piya saw Viren's car approaching she smiled. He was here and she couldn't express what she was feeling right now. He came to where they were standing.

Today, again she had to hide in the changing room because of Karan, but then Simran saw her. She couldn't tell her the truth and had to lie about waiting for friend.

Thankfully Viren had messaged her and Simran being kind decided to wait with her till he cames.

She thanked her for that and Simran gave her big hug.

"That's a nice ride you got there."

"Yeah. Thanks." Viren said standing next to Piya.

"Uh Viren this is Simran my colleague and Simran this is Viren."

"Hey"

"Hello"

They both said at the same time after Piya introduced them.

"Okay then bye Pooja see you tomorrow."

"You want us to drop you somewhere?"

Viren asked looking at Simran and Piya.

She was Piya's friend so he decided to ask her as she was leaving.

"Thanks but may be next time."

"Okay."

Viren turned towards his car to open the door for Piya but she didn't move. Simran mouthed 'He's hot' to as she was leaving and Viren's back was turned towards them.

She blushed.

Viren turned again to Piya to see her blushing and Simran was leaving waving at home and grinning. It was the same look her aunt had given him.

"Come." He said pulling Piya to his car.

"You want to go home first?"
He asked as he helped her get in.

"Yes. And thanks for the lunch." she said once he was behind the wheel.

"Glad you liked it."

********
As they reached her house they saw a police van near the neighbouring house and crowd of people gathered.

He parked in front of her house. Viren was looking at the crowd confused.

"Don't worry it's normal." She said while getting out of the car.

"Does this happen a lot?" He questioned with a frown.

"Not a lot but sometimes."

He looked at the crowd around the police van.

"Viren you really don't need to come here to drop me everyday. I can manage."

She thought he would be disgusted by her and the way she was living. She can't help it. But his next words surprised her.

"And be sick with worry about you. No thanks."

"I'll be quick."

She was about to dash towards her house when he held her hand and stopped her.

"Take your time Pooja. I don't give a f**k about your neighbourhood, but I damn care about your safety....Go now. I'll wait here."

She gave him a nod and left.

****

Once they were at hospital Viren parked his car in the parking lot. They were walking hand in hand towards the entrance when he stopped her.

"What?"

"Are you working tomorrow?"

Tomorrow was Sunday. Of course she was working, she never had any holidays or day off. But on Sunday's she only had to work at the cafe.