chapter 8

"Heard you had a heart to heart discussion with the Boss."

Simran who was working as an waitress in the cafe asked Piya as soon as she entered the staff room. Jia the other waitress who was also there just snorted. Piya gave a a small smile just kept quiet and didn't say anything. No one here liked Mrs. Mehta but she was not going to bad mouth anyone behind their back. She didn't fell it right.

"You are late to work again Pooja and I don't like my employees coming to work late." Jia mimicked and all three laughed.

"Seriously though. All good with you Pooja." Simran asked her.

Simran was always good to her. She was like a older protective sister which she never had. She was always there for she whenever she needed. But long time back Piya had decided not get close to anyone with the dangers lerking above her head. She never made any friends or hung out with anyone with fear of getting recognised.

"Yeah. Everything is fine she just warned me not to be late like always." Piya didn't want to get in details and tell about other things she said.

"Okay then let's get back to work."

"Yeah but before that, you should stop telling my aunt some made up stories."

Simran gave her a innocent look af if she didn't know what she was saying.

"Not me. I don't know what you are talking about."

"You very well know what I am talking about."

Jia laughed at Simran knowing well the innocent at she was pulling was a total show.

*******

It was past midnight and the cafe was already closed. Everyone had left except Piya was waiting in the cafe for the person who had said he would come return her phone. She had tried to call again from Simran's phone and surprisingly someone received her call and even said he would personally come and return the phone.

It was past her work time and the person had still not come.
May be he got stuck in traffic somewhere or with his work? He was kind enough to want to return her phone and bag personally. From his voice she could make out he was in his late 60s somewhere.

He had not said what time he will come but he said he would be here before the cafe is closed.

But what if he forgot and it was already 12:45 am.  Should she wait for him or leave? She didn't want to have a repeat of what had happened last night.

Finally thinking that he would not come here this late and she would call him tomorrow and go to pickup her phone she decided to leave.

She locked the glass door of the cafe and was about to turn when she heard him.

"So you work here."

It was familiar voice but she couldn't tell whose. She turned to see who it was and was stunned to see the person. It was him. She could easily recognise him. He was the same drunk jerk who had almost ran over her with his stupid expensive car.

But how did he know where she was working. Why was he here? Did they send him? She started to panick.

She stood still and he took a step towards her from where he was standing near his car.

"Please don't."

Thinking he was here to kill her words left her mouth involuntarily.

He took another step towards her and she took a step back.

Looking at her panicked face Viren stopped in him track. He couldn't understand why she was behaving this way. He might have yelled at her last night but had he scared her that much?