𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐨𝐤𝐚. 𝐆 // Cherished

To love is heated, and also too painful.

"No one will love me

"No one will love me."

"But I do."

It was more than a miracle to the raven-haired hashira to ever hear the words of love, moreover, meant for someone like him. Giyuu could barely utter his voice, in utter silence and the pattering drops of rain — his heartbeat subdued all noise.

You were a wonder in his eyes, the glow of the darkness in his sight, and the one thing in his remaining life that kept him sane. You brought thee to life that caressed his heart, and he only wished for you and him.

His pale hues dived deep into your own; searching for the one thing that should coat your words in truth. How could you love me? For he had always questioned his worth, bearing doubt about all the good things life has offered, and all the worst ones he finds deserving.

Giyuu shifted his stance, drowning up the welkins. "Why bother to say such a thing...? I do not need your comfort." He frowned, tilting the umbrella at hand to shoulder the rainfall from her.

Of all people deserving her heart, I should never be one.

(Y/n) eyed him from the side, sitting in a little closer to the man with eyes as pale as the raining sky. "Is that what you think? How sad..."

She sighed, tucking strands of her hair away. "I would have been more willing to comfort you in other ways." And there it is again.

Unbelievable — her and her ludicrous words.

The water pillar took a few seconds to comprehend what she just uttered. Blinking almost too quick as he turned his head beside her; looking just the honest woman she is.

Hearing the woman chuckled left his mouth ajar, wondering how such being could possibly exists. Perhaps, her kind of people are usually the ones to mutter the most ridiculous words — but oddly enough, they're the most lovable.

And that is why he can't seem to accept the fact that her heart is open to someone like him.

"...Why?" asked the man.

"Why what, Giyuu?"

"Why love me?"
He asked in such way her heart broke.

The woman gazed upon him as though he was an infant loss in this world. Such cruelty. To even question his own stature plainly displays the cruelty carved into his mind. Such pitiful man.

But it wasn't pity that caught her heart.

(Y/n) wandered in his blue; gaping at the cold breeze brushing the length of the ravenette; his deep-sea orbs finding its way to her own. There it is. The sight pulled a smile on her face.