Mornings

As I slept, I kept my ears open. Being an assassin, I did that on a regular basis but with these "Daemos" around I was extra alert. I was curled in a blanket on the floor. I was tempted to fly out of the sorceress's window and sleep on the roof, but these boys need to be watched. 

Ugh, I can't just stay in this half-sleeping half-awake state.

 I gently pulled the baby blue blanket off of my F/C tail and wings and picked up my stiff limbs. I tiptoed to the window, trying my best not to wake the guys but my luck is not well on Eurf just as it was not in Euphoria. Asch twitched, showing he was awake, and lifted his blanket off of himself.

"Where are you going, prisoner?" Asch spat.

"First off, I am not your prisoner. Second, I don't order to you, Prince Ass," I answered tauntingly, smirking, waiting for his reaction.

"Watch it, dragon," Asch hissed, seemingly trying not to wake the others as well. "If you're going somewhere you have to take me with you."

"W-why?" I asked, genuinely puzzled. 

I gazed into Asch's onyx eyes, searching for some kind of answer to satisfy my burning curiosity. His eyes showed no sign of any emotion but instead looked like calm pools of still, black water.

"I-I-I'm just making sure you don't get yourself in any trouble. That's all," he answered, firmly stating his last words.

"Alright, Your Majesty, how would you like you be carried?" I queried.

"Oh, I-I have to be carried?"

"Ugh, you royal pain, yes you have to be carried!" I sighed. "Climb on my back, hold onto my neck, and loop your legs around my waist, got me?"

"Fine, but I won't like it," Asch grumbled.

"Hurry up, before you wake the others up," I hissed, hearing Noi muttering nonsense as he slept sprawled out on the floor.

Asch steeled his grip around my neck and waist so as I was giving him a piggyback ride, I opened the window, spread my F/C wings, and soared out of the window. 

It didn't take long for me to land on the roof and set Asch down. It took Asch a second to regain his balance, but he did and glanced at me, curiosity instead of his usual demanding anger, flared in his onyx-colored eyes.

"What?" I asked, catching his glance and turning my head to look towards him.

"What else can you do?" he asked, his voice sounding thoughtful for once.

"Well, all dragons are born with wings, horns, and a tail. And born with the power to control the basic elements. Water, wind, earth, and fire," I replied, showing him each as I listed them.

"We can develop naturally more unique talents that other dragons don't have and only the most powerful dragons can master a skill that they didn't get naturally," I continued. "Take me for example, I can turn invisible or all different colors. I can heal wounds, and I can shapeshift into people or things I've seen or that have been described to me. And some powers are rarer than others. Like my invisibility! It makes me a better assassin," I rambled on, adding the last part louder than the rest of the information so he knew not to touch me.

Asch just stood there listening and holding onto every word as it flowed out of my mouth.

"And you never run out of your magic?" he questioned.

"Nope, I guess it's just naturally built into our cells or whatever. But we also have our dragon form!" I added. "It's where we can turn into a full dragon and not this hybrid thing."