Ava is Dead?!

"... I'm allowing you to do it. Go," said a familiar voice.

"Really?" came another voice.

"Yes." I recognized that yes. It was Pierce!

Then I heard maniacal laughter; not just any maniacal laughter, Leif's maniacal laughter. 

"What's... going on-?" I asked groggily. "AH-CHOO! Sorry." I rubbed my nose.

My question was ignored. "Alright!" Leif cheered, teleporting to Ava and lifting one of his sickles. My eyes widen with realization. He was about to kill Ava. Leif stared at her face and muttered, "Huh?" before getting blasted by something. He flew into one of the higher railings of the hot tub. I wanted to turn my head to see his attacker, but everything felt too heavy to move.

"Why do you insist on defying my orders?" came Asch's angry voice.

"YOU ALL KNEW HOW I WAS WHEN I ASKED TO BECOME A KNIGHT!" Leif shouted.

"We are trying to court the human princess sorceress. We cannot do that if she's dead."

Leif's eyes went wide. "She's already dead!"

"What?!" Asch, Pierce, and I exclaimed in unison.

All the Daemos moved toward Ava. I went to take in a deep breath before trying to pick myself up again, but my nose was stuffed up. Ugh, I hate mouth breathing. I carried my heavy limbs over to where the much taller Daemos were, crowded around Ava.

"Let me see her-" But, being the dumb guys they are Asch lifted her up and... panicked.

"Who did this?" He turned to Leif, "It was you, wasn't it?"

"I wish!" Leif answered, eyes still wide, hysteria in his voice.

"Leif!" I scolded. But again I was ignored. Damn it, I'm short. 

"What do we do?" Pierce questioned in his deep voice.

Asch stared into Ava's partially opened eyes for a moment- "RHYS!" he yelled. 

"No Asch, don't tell him!" Leif begged.

"We have no choice." Asch turned toward the doorway. "RHYS!" 

"Where's Rhys?" Pierce inquired.

"Oh no, her parents must've gotten their nine hundred and eleven soldiers on him!" Leif prosecuted.

"How would they know she's dead?" Asch countered.

"She's a powerful sorceress and she said her parents put an overprotective spell on her!"

"What does that even mean?"

I didn't think Ava was dead and it sure was funny to see the Daemos freak out, so I felt myself allowed to give a small chuckle at Asch's response because I was too small to be paid attention to apparently.

"I don't know, but it probably means Rhys is dead!" Leif assumed.

"We-we shouldn't panic," said Pierce, who was obviously panicked.

"Ava's dead! We should panic!" 

The wrong person had walked through the door just in time to hear what Leif had said and unfortunately, it wasn't anyone who was deaf because the look on poor Noi's face in that moment was one of terror.

"Ava's... dead," he muttered, shocked.

"Ahh, shi-" Leif began.

"Sit down Noi, we are still trying to figure-" Pierce started firmly. Noi had made his way over to Asch with a determined look on his face. He took Ava out of Asch's grasp with enough force that he was knocked down. Meanwhile, my head was spinning, and my stomach doing backflips. I stumbled over my own feet and fell backward, hitting my head on the bottom of the hot tub and my vision faded.