The Hopelessly Boring Life of a Sick Dragon

I had settled myself near Ava's window since I didn't know how to fill up her spell pool and didn't feel like bothering to. I had begun to shiver but I didn't take notice, my eyes were too busy trailing the humans below me.

Misses Oats walked in and put her hand on Ava's forehead. "Oh, still pretty high," she murmured. She looked up and spotted me over by the window, shivering. At this point, I had torn my eyes from the humans below to look at her. "Mmm, those boy toys," she smirked, "told me you were sick too. Come and let me check your temperature." 

My muscles were aching as I lifted myself off of the cushioned seating by Ava's bedroom window and walked over to Misses Oats. Being a few inches taller than Ava, she was easily able to put her hand on my forehead. "Your temperature's the highest I've ever felt in my day!" she exclaimed. "Lay down and pull up the blankets to your chin. Y/N, was it?"

"Yes," I croaked. A moment before Misses Oats could respond, Pierce walked in wearing his human clothes. 

"Oh, there you are. Do you think you can help me get her to the bath?" Misses Oats asked, gesturing toward Ava.

Pierce didn't give a verbal response, but instead walked over to Ava and lifted her bridal-style, following Misses Oats into Ava's gigantic bathroom. I stayed behind, not wanting to wet my clothes again. I closed the bathroom door behind them and quickly changed into only my undergarments. I walked back over to the bathroom doors, but they opened before I could put my hand on the knob and Misses Oats came out of the bathroom, Pierce followed suit, staring at me as he passed but not saying a thing.

I walked into where Ava was lying in her "bath" Misses Oats had called it. I climbed into the other side of the tub filled with pink-tinted bubbles and settled myself in the warm water, resting my head that had started to ache again though not as bad as before.

Before I knew it, the warmth of the water was making me drowsy and my eyelids were drooping. Maybe one bit of sleep won't hurt...

~~~~~ When Y/N woke up ~~~~~

I felt as though I couldn't breathe. Everything was overcome with water. My heart, which had been slow and steady a second ago, was now the speed of an arrow racing toward its target. I opened my eyes, soapy water burned them making them shut just as quickly. I was being an idiot. I had fallen asleep in a bath and almost drowned myself because I had slipped under the water. I slid my back up the side of the bath, my head resurfacing and my lungs gasping for air.

Soon after I had caught my breath, Misses Oats walked in, this time with Noi. "Ah, Y/N, you're awake. Do you want to climb out before or after we get Ava?" Misses Oats had the courtesy to ask.

"After, thank you," I answered, trying to be as polite as I could considering I was just in a panic about drowning myself.

"Here, use this and pick her up," instructed Misses Oats holding out to Noi what looked like a blanket, but the texture I could tell was rougher. "Then bring her over to the mirror so I can dry her hair." 

Noi took the light pink blanket thing and scooped up the sleeping Ava. Once Misses Oats along with Noi, holding a sleeping Ava, were turned around I hastily grabbed a rough feeling blanket thing, stepped out of the bath, and wrapped it around me.

Misses Oats was explaining something to Noi, but I didn't care to listen. I strode quickly toward the door leading to Ava's room where I had left my clothes. "Would you like me to dry your hair too, Y/N?" Misses Oats inquired kindly.

"Oh, no thank you. It'll dry out eventually. I don't mind having my hair wet, it feels nice and probably doesn't contribute any to the sickness anyway," I replied, fleeing to Ava's room and shutting the door behind me. Damn this disease whatever it is. If only I could heal it, but then again I'd have to know the symptoms and what it even is.

I'd quickly changed back into my clothes from Euphoria because they were comfy and didn't look as out of place as the demons' clothes did. I jumped and almost fell when I heard a scream come from the bathroom. Noi's scream. Oh, what happened now?  I yawned and laid back on Ava's bed. I don't care, because I know Misses Oats can handle Noi.

I sat in silence for a few minutes, straining my ears to hear what they were saying. I eventually gave up when I still couldn't hear anything through the door. The door suddenly burst open and Noi carried Ava over to her bed and set her down so that her head rested on the pillow. I sat up. 

"I'm going to start up the stove for when the other hunks get back, if you need me, I'll be in the kitchen," Misses Oats announced and left me and Noi in Ava's room.

"I was going to go for a fly, but I don't need Misses Oats freaking out and calling me a monster or anything like that so... what do you want to do?" I questioned Noi, who was looking at me.

"You did mention you could turn invisible, didn't you?" Noi queried.

"Umm, yeah, what about it?"

"Well, if you wanted to fly I could open up the window and you could sneak invisibly out for a quick one if you wanted to," Noi suggested.

"Noi, you're a genius!" I exclaimed. "Thank you!" I ran over and gave him a quick hug. I broke into a wild fit of coughing after pulling away.

"Prinxe Y/N, are-are you okay?" Noi asked his voice concerned.

"Y-yeah," I said, breathing properly again.

"I'll go open the window for you, Prinxe!" And Noi ran out of the room. I smiled behind him. He was so sweet and Ava was lucky to have a guy like that trying to win her heart.

I turned invisible, my wings extending from near my shoulder blades. I strode eagerly out of Ava's room and saw that the window had been open wide enough for me to soar out. And I did.

The fresh breeze felt good on my face and the warmth from the sun made me feel as if buried in a pile of blankets. I swooped around buildings, towers, trees, parks, and fountains, all of which were filled with people on this beautiful day. I wish Ava would take us out more. This is awesome. 

I was going to head back but the only minor detail was that I didn't know how, so I flew about the height of Ava's apartment and glided between buildings, dodging nimbly. A few minutes of flying around I spotted the open window again. I came to a stop as I landed inside the apartment. The Daemos had just got back. Perfect timing! I hid my wings, became visible again, and lay down on the couch. I grabbed the baby blue blanket that had been hanging over the back of it and curled up with it. 

I was about to try to get a nap in when Asch, Pierce, and Leif came over to see me. "How are you doing?" Leif inquired, his voice soft.

"Better, thanks," I replied. 

"Ava has awaken," Pierce informed me.

"Go and see her then. I'm going to get a nap in before I do anything else." I smiled and lay my head back down on the couch. I felt a small, comforting, affectionate, tug on a piece of my H/L hair but didn't bother to see who it was. My eyes were closed, and my mind was drifting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there everyone! I want to thank you all for reading this chapter and being with me on my journey as a writer. This is my first Wattpad story. I've written in my free time and gotten good remarks. So, I hope you will share my joy when I say I never thought this would hit 2.2K reads and 48 votes! 

What chapter has been your favorite so far and why? 

Now that Thanksgiving is over it is time to start the Christmas festivities! Caroling, peppermint bark, elves, presents, and Jesus's birthday! And of course, my good wishes to those who celebrate Hanukkah (December 7th to the 15th this year!)! I celebrated it in Pre-K and it was amazing learning about that culture! And I also send my good wishes to those of you who celebrate Kwanzaa or anything else around this time of year!

Remember if you like content and stories like this one make sure to follow me, vote for all the chapters, add it to your library or reading list, and maybe share it with your Aphmau-loving bestie!

Until next my lovelies,

--> Noodles out! (*ˊᗜˋ*)/ᵗᑋᵃᐢᵏ ᵞᵒᵘ* 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒𝓃. 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹. 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒.