Only One Half Of The Disastrous Double Date

My face would put a tomato in its grave. I could not believe Asch had said that. I was so in shock that I didn't hear any more of the conversation until Andrew asked, "Hey, uh, how about we all go out for pizza?"

I silently nodded my head. I didn't know what pizza was but anything to get out of the awkwardness in the room.

"That's a great idea!" Devon said.

"Umm, I, uh," Ava hesitated.

"We'll go to your favorite pizza place," Andrew bribed. "On us."

Ava's eyes glowed with stars. "My favorite, uh, sure! Just give me a moment to freshen up, all right."

Andrew and Devon respectfully exited the apartment the way they had come in and let out a stressed sigh.

"You dickhead, why'd you say you were my boyfriend?" I questioned.

"What else was I gonna say? 'I'm Prince Asch, heir to the throne of the most powerful kingdom on Daemos.' No," Asch retorted.

"You could've come up with a better excuse!" I countered. "Ugh, just hide your horns already and change into your human clothes quickly!"

Ava pulled me, along with Noi through the Cray-Ol-A door to the mini palace to explain what was happening to the other Daemos.

"OK, here's the deal," she began, "my parents want to take Noi, Asch, Y/N, and me out on a double date or something. I need you guys to hide his horns." I looked up at Noi's head. I had forgotten his horns were showing. 

"A date?" Leif inquired.

"Yes," Ava answered. "It's a sacred ritual where one judges if they wanna be with that person."

"What does that mean?" Pierce queried.

"Wait, like courting with Noi?" Rhys realized.

"What?!" Leif shrieked.

"Sorceress Ava and Prinxe Y/N, I would prefer you leave while we converse with Noi. I know Asch doesn't need to hear this so don't bother sending him here," Rhys told us.

"G-good with me," I stammered.

Me and Ava made our way out of the mini palace to see Asch sitting on the couch, waiting. He had changed into his human clothes like I had told him to do thankfully. I made my way over and made sure to sit as far away from him as I could. Noi came and sat down between me and Asch after he got back from the talk Rhys gave him, and Ava stood in front of us all.

"Guys, listen, this is gonna be weird, but I-" Ava started.

"C'MON PUMPKIN!" Devon called from outside the door.

"Ah shoot, just- follow my lead," Ava told us.

I shrugged got up and followed her and Noi through the door, Asch taking the rear of the group.

~~~~~ Time Skip to the pizza place ~~~~~

Ava's dads had gone inside to get us a table while Ava was outside trying to help us ready for what was about to come.

"This is terrible!" Ava exclaimed. "I have no idea how to be on a date! I've never been on one!" She blinked, trying to calm her wide-eyed fearful self. She looked at Noi's face. "What?"

"Hehe, thanks for choosing me." Noi's voice was soft and sincere.

I grabbed Asch's arm and dragged him away from them.

"We are not interrupting that wreck of a conversation," I said.

"But-" Asch went to say, but I cut him off.