The Start of a Competition

My eyes fluttered open. I was curled up in a little ball snuggling into Ava's couch. It looked to be about morning time but I kept my eyes closed, not wanting to wake up and have to deal with anything. Being a light sleeper I never usually got as deep of sleep as my body was letting me get here, but there was this feeling of... something down in my stomach that made me feel almost safe.

I heard footsteps of someone walking toward Ava's bedroom. I jumped up, accidentally slamming my knee into Ava's coffee table and hissing in pain. Rhys only looked at me in confusion and continued to open the door.

I knew he had said something but I wasn't close enough to make out what it was. Was he talking to someone? Was someone in Ava's room? I had heard a different voice respond and could tell it was masculine, though I couldn't tell which of the Daemos Dorks was trying to harm Ava this time.

A few more seconds.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO?!"

Leif. Of course, it was Leif.

A few more seconds then... banging? On the wall?

I got up and decided to see what it was. I walked in to stand beside Rhys who was way taller than my short 5 foot 2 inch ass.

Noi had his daggers out and was standing over Ava watching Leif banging a small pretty flat thing against the wall.

I sighed and chose to intervene for Ava's sake. "Shut up, stop banging that thing against the wall, and get out! That girl needs her beauty sleep if you want her to be able to form words to speak to you guys, OK? Ok. Now out."

"THIS ISN'T WORKING!" Leif yelled, turning around with the thing in his hands.

Now he'd done it.

Ava started making noises as she was about to wake and all the boys panicked.

"Run," Rhys whispered.

Noi and Leif pushed me out of the way to run through the doorway. Leif more than Noi as he was bigger and Noi was nicer.

I exhaled deeply, spinning on my heel and closing the door behind me on my way out. At this point, I saw the horny heard in the living room sitting on pieces of furniture.

"Can you guys leave her alone for just one second?" I pleaded. I was naturally protective of the ones I loved, but Ava? She was just so cute and likable that it was impossible not to be at least a little protective of her.

"My men listen to me," Asch spoke up.

"Mhm, got that first time you tried to kill me and they just stood staring like idiots," I retorted. "But listen, you want her to cooperate with you guys, right?" They all nodded. "Then try being a little kinder to her. Kindness works to get good with people. I wasn't and still am not the easiest person to get along with, but I know how to be respectful of people's boundaries. And, I'm going to have to give you guys lessons."

I paced around the room telling them that and ending with booping Asch's nose despite the mention of respect. He looked annoyed when I did it, but seemed to mildly understand what I was getting at. I smiled at him and ended my little speech. "Now goodnight demon dorks. I'm out for the night." I paused to yawn, then smacked Asch, Pierce, and Leif playfully on the shoulders giggling at their confused faces. I continued, "Now shoo! Off my royal sleeping couch!" They got the jist and waved to Noi and Rhys to join them in the pocket palace while I lazed on the couch, eventually falling asleep.

~~~~~ Time Skip to the next day (brought to you by the legendary BK ad because why not?) ~~~~~