A Twist To An Already Twisted Picnic

I followed as Ava walked over to a flat area and spread out a blanket with red and white squares. "Y/N, I trust you so I'm going to allow you to help me round up the guys. Think you can do that?" Ava asked. 

"Of course. I would've helped you anyway," I replied.

"I'll go get Leif; you go get Asch and Noi and bring them to this blanket, got me?"

I nodded and sped off toward Noi and Asch who were on some kind of incompletely made building. They were standing by two mini humans, that were somehow tinier than Ava. I climbed up the stairs and made my way across a little bridge to reach them.

"What are you guys doing?" I inquired.

Asch just ignored me and continued talking to the tinier-than-Ava-human. "Show us this sacred dance you speak of."

"Sacred?" The kid asked. "Pfft. You're weird AF mister. It's popular," a little girl with dark orange-colored locks answered.

"Yeah, and it goes like this," the blond boy standing next to the girl said. He started moving his arms in a pattern around his body, and I watched intently, also curious as to what the dance was.

"Woah, how did he do that?" Noi wondered, his apricot eyes shining like they always did when he was curious. 

"My eyes," Asch murmured, "couldn't keep up."

"Mine either," I agreed with the prince for once.

"Forget what you saw and I'd better not catch you three doing that in my house," Ava scolded. "Y/N, Asch, and Noi you'd better stay on that blanket or I swear to God." Ava led us back towards the blanket.

"Hahahaha, she caught you guys too," Leif teased.

"The only reason I'm here is because I got distracted!" I countered. 

Ava sighed. "Ugh, ok, here. You guys can eat the sandwiches and I got you guys the milk boxes. You guys just stay here and drink your milk and wait-" Ava's voice lowered, "One, two, three, four, five. Where is Pierce? Oh no, I have to find him. STAY HERE AND REMEMBER IF YOU LEAVE YOU DIE!" And Ava was off.

"I hate this," Asch stated.

"I mean we have the milk, whatever that is," I tried, hoping to be lighthearted. I poked the straw into the milk and took a sip. It tasted plain compared to rosaberry juice but like a forest of flavors compared to the boring taste of prune stew that had been served for dinner at a negotiation banquet that all royals, no matter the age were required to attend.

Seconds after making the comparison, I started coughing. My skin was breaking out into hives and I felt like vomiting. My coughing wouldn't stop and at this point, everyone, even Asch, was giving me a confused and concerned look. I saw Ava rushing towards the blanket with Pierce behind her out of the corner of my eye. I tried to turn to her but blacked out before I could.

~~~~~ When Y/N wakes up ~~~~~

I woke up on the most uncomfortable bed I had ever slept in. The first thing I came to notice was an unfamiliar all-white room. 

"Oh my God, thank the lord you're ok, Y/N," Ava praised, rushing over to the bed beside me.

I reached up to touch the skin on my face that had been earlier bursting with hives but now was as smooth as, well, I hate to say it, but as smooth as a baby's butt.

"What happened?" I queried, noticing how much easier it was to breathe again.

"You had an allergic reaction to the milk and one of the symptoms was Anaphylaxis, which is fatal if not treated immediately. I'm just so glad you're ok."