Rhys Can Get Mad?!

I awoke to find someone sitting beside me. It was Leif.

"Hey, gorgeous you've been out for about a day. Welcome back sleeping beauty," he flirted.

"In the last twenty-four hours I don't imagine you could've become THAT kinky," I replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he questioned.

"Never mind. At least I feel recovered." I scratched my neck. "How's Ava?"

"She looked better this morning. C'mon." He got up off the couch, grabbed my hand, pulled me up, and dragged me to Ava's room. Of course, it took him almost no effort because I was so short and light. He opened the door and it looked like the rest of the Daemos had just walked in because they weren't in a deep conversation with Ava yet.

We walked in in time to hear Ava say, "Yeah, no thanks to Leif," and he obviously knew what she was mentioning so put this cocky grin on his face and said, "Whoops."

"What did you do?" Asch asked exasperatedly.

"I kept her busy last night... heh heh heh," he remarked.

"Leif," I scolded and smacked him on the head.

"It's not in the way you're thinking Y/N," Ava quickly butted in to Leif's defense. "He just decided to be a jerk. And he kept poking me throughout the night. Look he's doing it right now."

And once that was acknowledged I went back over to him and hit him in the head again. "Do I need to knock some sense into you or can you just stop?" He finally stopped poking her.

"Oh, uh, whoops," was his only excuse.

"CUT IT OUT YOU-" Asch started.

"Are you feeling better at least?" Noi cut in.

"Mmhmm, I'm feeling much better. Thank you guys for taking care of me," Ava said.

"What about you, Prinxe Y/N?" Noi inquired.

"I'm fine Noi," I reassured, a sweet smile on my face at his caring and kind question. "But thanks, I appreciated it."

"Oh, uh, I, yes," Noi stuttered.

"Where's Rhys?" Ava queried.

"Oh yeah, where is the smart one?" I repeated, making Ava giggle a bit.

"Good question," Asch articulated. "RHYS, WHERE ARE YOU?" 

"I'm here!" Rhys exclaimed, walking into Ava's room with a thing on his face, reading what he thought was a human book on combat. "And I'm alive!"

"Wait, you have glasses?" I could see Ava blushing at how good they looked on him and she... wasn't wrong.

He walked over to where I was standing next to Ava who was sitting on her bed and grabbed one of each of our hands. I felt my face grow hot at the sudden touch.

"Why are you holding their hands?" Noi interrogated.

"Princess Ava, Prinxe Y/N, I can see your faces clearly now."

"That's great Rhys," I said.

"Where did you get those?" Ava wondered.

"The wise sage Misses Oats bestowed them upon me. At first, I wasn't sure what had happened, and I assumed she had just casted a spell on me, but," his voice grew with excitement, "this is lasting longer than any other spell we've tried on Daemos!"

"Huh?" 

"What are you talking about?" Leif asked.

"Lady Grandma and I had been working on solving the issue with my vision distance. We've casted spells but they were only for a period of time, but these glosses are lasting as long as they are on my face."