Something always brings me back to you

It's very, very early morning when Nico has a random wake up and looks at the time on his phone. That's when he sees he's got a message. He frowns a little when he reads it.

From: Louis

Do you ever feel empty?

Normally he'd just go back to sleep, but after this...he can't just ignore it.

To: Louis

Are you okay?

From: Louis

No. Not really

To: Louis

Do you wanna talk about it?

I know we don't really know each other, but...

From: Louis

I wouldn't know where to start

It's okay

I'm sorry if I woke you up

To; Louis

You didn't.

You sure you don't want to talk?

From: Louis

I just want to get some sleep really

Goodnight man

Nico sighed and placed his phone back on the nightstand. He tried to get back to sleep; but all he could do was toss and turn in his bed.

He finally gave up and took his phone back in his hand, nibbling on his bottom lip as he sent out a reply anyway.

To: Louis

To answer your first question...

I do.

All the time.

The news came out on Tuesday. The same day that he had the tyre testing for red bull. He knew it was gonna happen, so, it had been very hard on Sunday to stay quiet on the stage. Even Christian had dropped some hints during the interview.

He'd hoped Max wouldn't catch on and luckily he hadn't. He knew Max would have been too concentrated to catch such things on a race day. And honestly, he didn't think Max had forgotten about Sunday night. With the almost fight. He certainly hadn't.

In fact, he and Max hadn't talked about the whole ordeal yet. Hadn't talked much at all.

It had made keeping this a secret for the Dutchman a little easier though.

Now the news was out. Daniel's phone was buzzing and ringing like crazy. He ignored it all. Waiting for that one special call.

He didn't have to wait long.

"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU HAVE A NEW SEAT?!"

"Hello to you too, Max." He almost had to hold his phone a little bit away from his ear with Max's screaming.

"Screw that! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Remember that surprise you were harassing everyone about?" He couldn't help but smile a little, "well, now you know."

"I can't believe it---"

His smile fell, "Aren't you happy for me?"

"What? Of course I am!" Max's voice softened a little, "Daniel, don't think for a second that I'm not happy for you."

"What's wrong then?"

--------------- Silence -------------

"Maxie?"

"I'll miss you...."

"Hey.....I'm going to AlphaTauri. We're practically still in the same team."

"But not in the same garage."

Max was right. But still---

"I promise I'll still yell ki ki ki raaaa."

"And I promise I'll still yell back ki ki ay."

"We'll be fine, Maxie."

"Yeah," A pause, "Hey, Dan?"

"Yeah?"

"Congrats, mate. It's gonna be great to see you back on the grid."

Daniel's smile was back.

"Thanks. I'll give you a wave when I lap you."

The laughter that filled his ears from the other end of the line made Daniel's insides flutter.

"Keep on dreaming."