Know it's late but I'm so wired. Saw your face and got inspired

Belgium....

They won't talk about the race. At all.

Pierre's initiative to do a run for Anthoine (and Dilano) was well received, even if it was in the rain. The rain was very fitting anyway.

The sprint was alright too and seeing Pierre on that stage felt like it was meant to be.

The race itself on the other hand.... Yeah, not talking about that collision between Oscar and Carlos.

The most remarkable thing was that Charles ended on p3. But well deserved.

Summer stop was up next and Daniel was slightly offended that neither Max nor Lando had asked him to come along to Tomorrowland. Even if he didn't feel like going, he'd appreciated the invitation.

But it was fine.... He had to prepare to go home to Australia anyway.

Dirt biking was definitely gonna happen again. He was determined to get even better at it.

And going to Australia meant being away from Helmut for a while, which was always a good thing. Especially after not getting any points, while Yuki did.

Don't get him wrong.... He was happy for Yuki! And for the team. Plus, it was only his second race since his return.

But honestly, Daniel wanted to prove his worth again. He wanted to get back to Red Bull. His home.

He looks up when he hears his phone, notifying him of a message. He goes over to where he was charging it, smiling a little when he sees who it's from.

Hey Dan

You enjoying the break?

Max, it has barely started

And I'm already bored

Hah. I'm not even surprised

You must be bored too if you're texting me

I don't need an excuse to text you, man

But I did want to ask you something

Shoot!

Do you wanna hang out sometime during the break?

I'm actually seeing your friend at Ibiza

My friend?

Martijn?

Martin, yeah

You didn't invite me in Belgium

It was Lando's idea

Well, I didn't get an invite from him either

I hope you'll have fun though

Oh I will ;)

Just... Let me know if you want to hang out

Okay?

Of course Maxy

You have fun too, okay?

See you 🤟

🤙

Daniel put his phone back down and sighed.

He misses Max.

More than he likes to admit.

Lewis was actually glad that summer break was finally there. Maybe after the break the table tables would turn and he'd actually be able to win a race. Or at least make the podium.