Chapter eleven

Celeste was sitting on the hospital bed looking at her belly, When they showed up at the ER Aaron had parked the SUV right in front of the doors in the ambulance bay. The nurses wasted no time, Celeste and Aaron were brought up to the maternity ward. Celeste had the monitor strapped to her belly that was making weird noises, Aaron was nervously standing at the window and looking down at his phone. letting out a sniffle making Aaron look up, Celeste was wiping her tears away. Aaron put his phone away and walked up to the bed. taking the chair that was beside the bed and pulling it closer, he sat down and reached for her hand and held it between his.

"Ce?" he said in a calm tone, Celeste looked at him with watery eyes.

"I'm fine" she said in a whisper.

"Baby...your over thinking" he said, Celeste gave him a little nod in agreement. they were quiet for a moment just listening to the machine making noise.

"talk to me" Aaron said, Celeste shook her head a little.

"There's nothing, no more pain and she's not moving like she was" she let out all choked up. there was a gentle knock on the door before it open. Courtney apeared, she gently closed the door and walked to the foot of the bed and gave both of them a little smile.

"How are you doing?"she asked as she looked at Celeste.

"you tell me" Celeste let out. Courtney put the tablet on the table and walked around the bed to the machine Celeste was strapped to, taking the paper that was coming out of the machine and looked at it.

"well everything is normal on here" she said as she let the paper go. Courtney pulled the steal bench beside the bed and sat on it.

"How's work?" she asked, Celeste looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"It's a bit cahotic right now, we have a dificult case that just started" Aaron answered, Courtney gave him a nod.

"so you got what is called Braxton Hicks contractions, it's normal to get them and there's one million and one things that can cause it. so in your situation it might be because your to active, so..."

"No more field work?" Celeste cut her off, Courtney gave her a little smile.

"No more field work" Courtney said, Celeste let out a big exhale and then gave her a little nod.

"if it continues, I might have to put you completly off work, you need rest. Your growing a human in there, you need to chill" Courtney said, Aaron let out a huff. Both woman looked at him.

"Celeste chill?" he said, Courtney let out a chuckle.

"I know, but being her boss. I feel you can control that on your end"

"I'm sitting right here!" Celeste let out. Courtney looked at her.

"take it easy or I'll send Octavia" she said, Celeste shook her head as she rolled her eyes.

"Alright, sit tight, I'll come back in an hour to make sure nothing changed and then you'll get to go home" the doctor said.

"I have to work, we were in the middle..."

"Home Celeste" Courtney let out as she stood up and looked down at her.

"Home" Celeste mumbled, Courtney looked at Aaron and gave him a nod who returned the nod. Courtney grabbed the tablet and made her way out of the room. closing the door behind her, Celeste turned her head towards Aaron.

"I can't go home" she let out, Aaron took out his phone.

"i'm telling Dave that were going home and if there's anything I'll work in the office. I'll tell Jess to pick up Jack" he said, Celeste let out a exhale as she threw her head back in deffeat.