Chapter twenty-four

two weeks later...

Celeste got off the elevator of the ICU floor looking down at her phone as she mindlessly walked towards Aaron's room, she turned right into the room and gave a little smile as she looked at Aaron in the bed. she walked to the side where her designated chair was. Before she sat down she put the side railing down and bend over and planted a kiss on Aaron's forehead.

"Good morning" she whispered before sitting in the chair. she answered one last message before putting her phone away.

"The team left for a case this morning, Strauss made Morgan acting unit Chief." she let out as she looked at Aaron, she then looked up at all the machines letting out a little exhale she looked down at her hands.

"Jack really wants to come see you, but I can't bring myself to bring him here and see you like this" she let out in a sad tone as she looked at the unconscious Aaron. There was a gentle knock at the door Celeste turned her head The usual nurse that she saw almost every morning walked in and gave a smile to Celeste.

"He had a good night" she let out in her calm soothing tone, Celeste gave her a nod with a little smile.

"How are you doing?" she then asked, Celeste looked at her kinda surprise about the question, people had stop asking her, because she didn't know how to answer.

"umm...Some days are better than others, my son asks a lot of question which makes it hard, but I'm lucky to have a good support system" the nurse gave her a smile.

"Ive been working as a nurse for over tirty years and I have never seen the amount of love that he has around him, there's this weird thing that happen here sometimes Patient magically get better and wake up and I think it's the love that surrounds them" she let out, Celeste let out a hum as she looked at Aaron again, she reached for his arm and gently caressed.

"I know it's hard, but don't lose hope" the nurse said as she gave her a little smile before leaving the room.

Afternoon rolled around and Octavia had showed up with late lunch for her and Celeste, both quietly sitting there eating.

"How you been sleeping?" Octavia asked as she looked at her best friend, Celeste looked at her without responding for a moment before letting out a exhale threw her nose.

"I can sleep in our bedroom, so I mostly pass out in Jack's room after I read to him" Celeste let out, Octavia looked at her.

"Babe, you can't sleep on Jack's floor for the rest of your life" Celeste looked at Aaron from where she was sitting at the table in the corner of the room.

"I just feel so lost without him" Celeste let out, Octavia gave her a hum.

"time..."

"That's all i hear" Celeste let out as she cut her off, Octavia looked at Aaron for a moment.

"Did the doctor say anything?"  she asked.

"The MRI showed nothing abnormal, He said that it's normal for the body to go into a coma state with the extensive damage that was done"

"He's healing, just be there for him. They say that that people in coma's can still hear what's going on around them" Octavia let out.

"Reid said that same thing" Celeste let out making the red head chuckle.

"If boy genius said it must be true" Octavia let out making Celeste smile.

"Must be" Celeste let out.

Three weeks later...

The elevator doors open Celeste and Morgan walked in the box, just getting back from a case Celeste had joined them this time, trying to get back in a routine. Celeste let out a exhale as she looked up the the numbers going up.