t w o

S E C R E T O  D E  A M O R | MO'H

"Let me ease your pain away cariño.."

Chapter two:

• • •
Present day...

"What the hell are you talking about? I'm not getting a raise?"

"I'm just proposing that you haven't been working on any of the cases I've asked you to." My boss pinched the bridge of his nose. "You were working during your first years here now what happen? You're becoming completely useless" he added

Useless? Useless!? I cannot let my anger get the best of me. I need this. I do need this... I sighed, "My deepest apologies sir, it won't happen again."

He sighed out loud, sliding his hand through his thin hair. "You better apologize, it's ridiculous." My boss looked at his watch and back at me. "Your lucky right now is lunch hour, you can head off."

Tightly holding onto my papers, I escorted myself out of an asshole's office. I don't know how long I can keep this up. Working in this dead-beat-up job has been draining me like hell. I've been dreaming of quitting but in this economy, who wants almost a 29-year-old who only has a business major under her name? They would want newcomers; the ones receiving their diplomas recently.

How would Oscar react that I want to quit this job? Would he support me? Would he give me reasons why I should stay there for a little longer? Or would he say that I should've left when they said they needed me in the office more than having me work from home?

Fuck. The more I think about Oscar the more I can't deal with this pain I have in my chest. I just wish I could get some sort of opinion or anything coming from him... with the words "I love you" would've got me the courage to quit this shit hole.

I open up my office and looked around like there was something new about it. It was a basic setup to have. The room was comfortable enough to feel like home.

I took out my lunch, prepping what I served myself for today, chicken Alfredo. I looked at it for a while whether I should take a bite. Before I start to lose my appetite, I swirl the pasta with my fork and forcibly took a bite.

*knock knock*

A few polite knocks enter my room. Before answering, I quickly chew down my meal till I was able to swallow it down. "Come in!" I called as I was wiping down my mouth if there was any sauce from the pasta.

"Hey Y/n, how you've been?" a woman came into my office. She had a business casual outfit: a button-up blouse with a long black skirt along with a blazer, and black boots up to the ankle.

"Sabrina? Aren't you supposed to be with Marie and Jocelyn?" I asked.

"They went out to get something from that Tex-Mex restaurant down the street." She rolled her eyes. "I just came here to see my girl." Her smile curved on her face, affecting her to have an eye smile.

"You usually come here for something." my eyebrow lifted from her response. "What do you want?"

She sighed "ok I just came here to ask if you are available tonight." I looked at her in curiosity. She usually doesn't invite me somewhere in a while, especially during the years of my grieving. "Oh? Where to?"

"Me and the girls were thinking of going to a bar or something and then after we can go to my place and just chat," she listed on then chuckled, "Well, we will just go to the bar since one of us will probably be drunk."

"What time are you guys planning to head over there?" I questioned.

"Around 10:30? We get out at 8:55 so we have all night to mess around." Sabrina smiled, excited for the time to come quicker. "I'll text you when we come by your house, k?"

"Alright then, sound good." I smiled. She kept her smile placed on, opening the door to leave. She stops mid-way and turns her head, able to see me by my desk. "I'm happy that your coming, I do mean it." With that Sabrina stepped out of my office, closing the door behind her. Tonight will probably be the day I can be comfortable being around people as I did before.

• • •

Looking at myself in the mirror caught me off guard: with the makeup, skimpy outfit that is a v-neck top almost close on showing your cleavage with a ring link in the middle. A long black jeans with boots and finally, a long, black, leather jacket to top off the outfit.

I was starting to have second thoughts if I should go, especially to a bar. God, I shouldn't have agreed to this.

"Hey we're outside ;)!" it was Sabrina. I picked up my phone, unlocking it with a swipe.

"On my way, just need my purse." I sighed knowing the fact I won't be able to back out on this one. I grabbed all the courage I have, picked up my purse, and moved my legs towards the door. It will be one night, just with the girls. I need this. Oscar would want this... for me.

• • •

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE! <3