t h r e e

S E C R E T O  D E  A M O R | MO'H

"Ten cuidado what you're begging for."

Chapter three: 

• • •

My feet were already giving out on me with the boots I'd chosen to put on, and the night has barely started. Clubs and bars weren't the best fittings for the word "fun" for me but that's my take. However, I chose to come to spend time for myself and with the girls I call good friends of mine. Either way, tomorrow is my day off so if I'm the person that Sabrina quote-on-quote "will get drunk before heading to her house," then screw it! I guess it was meant to be me this time.

The place wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be on a Friday night, but there were still people drinking and dancing. Loud music blasted in each corner of the bar unable to hear what people were talking about. This place was a mixture of a bar and a restaurant, but what they have are appetizers than a course meal. People looked like their either young in their 20s or some other looked like they are in their late 30s or early 40s.

Sabrina was leading me and the girls to a dining table near the bar table. we each took our seats looking through the one-page menu they provided: shrimp poppers, stuffed jalapeño peppers, and others.

"What are you guys plan on getting," Sabrina asked removing her eyes off the menu for a moment.

"I don't know, none of this is very appetizing," Marie said seeming unsatisfied with what they offered.

"We should each order a plate so we can share, how does that sound?" Sabrina smiled. Both Marie and Jocelyn nodded and continued looking through the menu.

The atmosphere feels stiff wondering if it's me making things difficult to bring up a conversation. It was a bit unsteady on my end because I don't know what to talk about myself besides how my boss, Mr. Spade had been on my ass lately. Besides that, I haven't had anything interesting going on in my life; which means I have to start the conversation.

"So, how have you guys been doing?" My lips curved upwards. They looked at me, "Nothing much besides Bryan being up in my ass if you know what I mean." Marie giggled to herself.

"No, I don't know what you mean." I laughed awkwardly. Don't tell me she's...

"Shut up, are you and Bryan.." Jocelyn looked at her shocked, unable to finish her sentence.

"Yeah, Bryan and I were planning on it for a while so we'll see if I come back positive." She smirked.

"Best believe I should be the first person to be invited to that baby shower!" Sabrina rose her hand, volunteering herself to be on Marie's list.