n i n e t e e n

S E C R E T O  D E  A M O R | MO'H

S E C R E T O D E A M O R | MO'H

"You are too hard to resist."

Chapter nineteen: ♡ ♡ ♡

• • •
Miguel pov...

The bathroom is filled with hot air unable to escape wanting to wander around the house. The trapped air filled the room, causing the place to fog up and feeling a bit moist; leaving stains on the glass in both the shower and mirror to the floors being slippery to walk on. However tonight, my nightly routine has been interrupted by my train of thought with Y/n being the center of it all.

Seeing her today fully overruled my mind. Unable to expect things from her is nothing new, especially what she did at the party, but being one step ahead of her is getting a little challenging. She knows what to say like it was planned out for her, but what's not on my list today was for her to let me speak about what I've been wanting to tell her. I was hoping for another week or two but today was surprising to me. Dios, she is something. However, today was not the day to tell her anyway. Y/n looked like she was lost in her thoughts most of the time. I guess that hangover took a toll on her.

"Miguel are you out?" Sabrina knocked on the door waiting for my response.

"Yeah, just shaving," I responded, carefully razoring off the small hairs near my jawline. It was quiet for a second, then the door slowly opened presenting Sabrina in her silky nightgown that reached her mid-thigh. Looking at her, she does not seem amused. As for me, I was waiting for her to start telling me where I've been and her assumptions.

"Where the hell have you been?" She questioned. I knew it.

"I had a meeting with a client today," I explained to her.

"Cut the crap, Miguel. Can you quit lying to me for at least a second?" Sabrina said, directly glaring at me.

I slowly drew out my jawline with the razor as I listen to her. "Why the hell would I lie to you? It was urgent." I said as I cleaned off the razor with water.

"I called your job and they said you didn't went in today," Sabrina said as she slowly caught up to my lie.

Fuck. I quickly thought of something before she suspected anything. I put the razor down and cleaned off my face with a damp towel. Even though I wasn't finished, this situation is gonna bite me any second. "My client lived further away from town."

"You could've called that client? Schedule a close location, or even call me that you went out of town." She ranted out a list. "Or maybe you went somewhere else. Maybe it wasn't even for your so-called client."

"Por dios Sabrina, I did go went to see a client," I repeated myself.

"Are you sure? Cause you left without a car yesterday." Sabrina crossed her arms. "And you know who else left at the same time as you? I am pretty sure you know."

God she knows. "I took a taxi alright. What else do you want to know?" I said.

"For you to stop lying to me, Miguel. For you to tell me you were with Y/n this whole fucking day." Sabrina argued.

"I wasn't with Y/n!!!" I rosed my voice.

"Then why did I see you taking her purse when you walked out? Your ass never came back." She yelled fighting back her tears. Right there, I was caught red-handed. I didn't know what else to say, I ran out of excuses just for her to get off my back.

Sabrina noticed I suddenly went quiet, "So you were with her." She scoffed. "I can't fucking believe this."

"What do you want me to do then? I couldn't just leave her like that yesterday. She was drunk out of her mind for god sake." I exclaimed my reasoning.

"you went without telling me. You made me look like an idiot thinking you were outside with the guys. Why is it hard for you to tell me something that its about Y/n?" Then a thought popped into her head, looking at me with wide eyes. "Unless you're fucking cheating on me with her?"

"I am not cheating on you, Sabrina." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"You're a lying piece of shit, Miguel O'Hara. Full of shit!" She glared at me as water were forming in the inner corners of her eyes. In one blink, all of it will trail down to her cheeks.

"Is it wrong of me to take her home? She was drunk, Sabrina. Something would've happened to her if I let her go home alone." I stated.

"Oh, but you're able to leave your girlfriend alone in an instant." She said, pulling out a nerve out of my skin.

"Because she was drunk! How many times do I have to repeat myself!" I yelled. Sabrina's eyes widen in disbelief, scoffing at me again. "You're unbelievable." She mumbled to herself, loud enough for me to hear.

"I'm unbelievable?" I cocked back at her, "Because I sent Y/n home and helped her to get rid of her hangover? I guess I am unbelievable."

"You are unbelievable, Miguel! You seem to care more about her than your own girlfriend. Ever since she came into the house you have been interested in her more than me." Sabrina said trying to hold herself together. The situation is leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth, an awful taste. It's wrong of me sure, but I couldn't just sit there and do nothing when Y/n was long gone from what was going on in the party. I could not stand and watch.

"What's so special about her that I don't have?" Sabrina asked as she moved closer to me. She remained keeping eye contact with me, having my gaze follow hers till I had my head facing down due to our height. "There is nothing special. She was drunk and ella necesitaba mi ayuda, nada más. (She needed my help, nothing else)."

She ticked off my response with a "Yeah, sure." Sabrina cut off our gaze with each other as she walked out of the door, heading towards the bedroom next door. I sighed out loud, running my hands through my damped hair. As my front hair covered my forehead, I took all the will I had to wrap around the situation fully. I'm an idiot for pushing her away, but what else can I do? I want this to work between me and Y/n with no one else in between. I don't want Sabrina to be part of this situation. It was caused by my actions and I want to fix what I've done with her. With no help from anyone else, I just want it to be me, Y/n, and the situation that has started this mess.

• • •

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE! <3