f i f t e e n

S E C R E T O  D E  A M O R | MO'H

S E C R E T O D E A M O R | MO'H

"I'm gonna love you more than he did."

Chapter fifteen:  ♡ ♡

• • •

Drink after drink, every ounce of it, I was close to my limits. A few people tapped out while the others were taking another bottle to even shots. I didn't want to tap out, I was already at the point where I wouldn't be able to drive.

It was almost 10:30 PM, and a few people left because as they stated, they had to wake up early on a Saturday. Most were doing karaoke on one side of the room while the other side was doing games like this one. Others went outside to talk or probably an excuse to smoke.

I've only glimpsed over once or twice throughout the hour what the others were doing. Mr. Spade hasn't left, very surprising. Instead, he was chatting with the other male co-workers as he was participating in playing cards. For a guy like him, I was expecting him to leave early since he does say he is a very busy man.

I panned over to the small group of familiar faces; Marie and Jocelyn were talking on one while Sabrina was with Miguel most of the night. They hadn't left their seat while the two girls went off doing different activities in the room.

I turned off the idea and focused on the people right in front of me. Today is the night with my co-workers and for someone's party, it doesn't hurt to get a little loose.

• • •

The lights were flicking in the restroom as I had my head lowered to avoid the sensitive feeling in my eyes. I slowly lifted my head as I adjusted myself to the environment. Looking at myself in the mirror, it was blurry but I could tell I was a hot mess.

I turned on the faucet as I let the water fill up my bowl-shaped palms. I looked up to see myself once more in the mirror; my eyes looked droopy and my cheeks blushed pink to the tip of my nose. I gently splashed water on my face, forcing myself to stay awake.

I did not win at the end, immediately tapped out when I took a sip from my shot glass, triggering my stomach as my mind told me to spit it out. I don't know who won, but it was not me. I don't know why I put myself into this situation, the feeling of wanting to be wasted wasn't worth it.

I turned the faucet off as I walked to the door, leaving the bathroom to find the room where everyone was still lighting up the party. Though I was not expecting to drink tonight, I may have to find a place nearby to stay. I should've thought twice about this.

"I think you should head home, you're in no shape to go back." A male voice came through the hall. My eyes were having trouble making out the figure, but he was capable of standing out due to his height and body figure.

"I'm already planning to, just gotta get my purse," I responded. A sigh followed, then footsteps getting closer to me.

"espera aquí (wait here)."

He turned a door open and closed it behind him. It took him a while to come back, which gave me time to process: the more I put thought into the voice, I finally realized who it was. I groaned in annoyance.

The door opened revealing the man with my purse in his hands. I quickly snatched it off his hands, having him flinched from my immediate reaction.

"Thank you for bringing my bag but I can go home on my own Miguel," I said.

He tsked, "I am not letting your ass drive back home, that would be stupid of me. Estas borracha (You're drunk)."

"I will just find a place to stay." I stand on my ground.

"Why would you want to do that to yourself? I am not going to allow that." He stated.

He slowly started pulling my nerves, "Listen here," I came up to him, a few inches between us as I looked up at him from our height difference. "I don't know who you think you are telling me where I should go, but I would rather go anywhere else alone than be accompanied by you."

He hummed, glaring down at me as I gulped down my saliva. "You're not going anywhere without these." He pulled an item out of his pocket, being hooked around his fingertips: it was my car keys.

What a dick.

I tried to hide my notable memories from the last time when it was about my keys. I didn't want him to get his victory nor I don't want him to be satisfied for being one step ahead of me.

I reached out to get my keys back but like last time, he reacted quicker lifting his arm high so I couldn't reach.  I bit the side of my cheek getting annoyed.

"Just say 'Miguel, can you take me home?' " he said in a teasing tone.

"In your dreams asshole." I let myself grab his arm that was in the air, and with force to bring it down. It only budged a little.

"Just tell me the words cariño," Miguel looked at me from above. His eyes were still hard to make out, but I still felt my heart jump from his choice of words. I sigh in defeat.

"Miguel..." I hesitated, "can you take me home?" I asked avoiding eye contact. There was a small silence then a slight chuckle coming out of him.

"That wasn't so hard to ask, was it?" He said walking past me as he headed towards the lobby. I groaned in response as I denied his win.

I don't know why but the thought of having him here with me is bothersome but also relieving; being drunk and unable to drive is the first thing but having someone to escort me is the other, even though I am not pleased with the results of Miguel taking me.

• • •

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE! <3