o n e

S E C R E T O  D E  A M O R | MO'H

S E C R E T O D E A M O R | MO'H

"Addictive to the smell of your cologne."

Chapter One:

• • •
2 years later...

The kitchen started to smell like burnt plastic, realizing it was today's dinner that is burning.

"Fuck fuck fuck." Quickly I ran to the oven and opened up door letting out the black smog. Coughing and almost tearing up from all the smoke, I walked towards nearby windows letting out the unbearable smoke filling up the house. As the smoke slowly creeps out of the windows, I saw mine and Oscar's overcooked burnt dinner.

I then sighed and giggled to myself, "No wonder Oscar doesn't let me get near to cooking." I took out my phone from my pocket. Opening up my messages, I pressed onto Oscar's icon typing "Looks like we're ordering takeout lol," sending a follow-up message of a picture of our burnt meal.

I looked through my phone and found a contact number I haven't spoken to in a while. I started to hesitate whether I should give them a call or not. Taking the little courage I have within me, I dialed their number.

It was ringing... still ringing... ringing...

"¿Bueno?"

Crap, he actually answered. "hey it's been a while," I smiled to myself awkwardly.

"Y/n? I wasn't expecting a call coming from you" I felt a slight smirk through the phone, giving me a quiver down my spine.

"I'm just wondering how the best man has been doing," I said jokingly but sincere for how long it's been. "But honestly though, how are you?"

He gave a long sigh, "Nothing much here just work and other errands. But.." he continued with a low tone of voice, "I should be asking you, how's things been going for you. You're a wife now."

Wife. Never knew it would hit me like that even though it has been 2 years since my wedding. But why is it bothering me now that I am labeled as someone's wife? "It's been good, happy where we are right now." I continued, "Oscar doing his thing while I do my thing; working at home."

"Sounds like he's a keeper."

"I know right, but I'm happy he chose you as best man and that's coming from the bride herself," I giggled. There was a long pause then his voice shifted."Y/n.."

I shivered but it went through my body. The way he said my name, it was sudden. "..Miguel?"

"Estoy feliz por ti"

And that was it, Miguel O'Hara congratulated me on my marriage to Oscar. Why was I expecting something more from him? Thought he was gonna say something else besides congratulating me. I was a bit disappointed. Miguel is a good friend, great even. But it feels different talking to him now than it was 2 years ago...

• • •

It's already 10:54 pm. I called and texted Oscar almost 10 times already. I brought in Chinese food from a corner restaurant near the house, but that has been 2 hours ago. I knew he usually comes home late but he calls me anytime he runs late.

12:30 am and it has been 30 missed calls and delivered messages. I sighed and accepted that he'll be home when I'm asleep.

*ring*

The house phone started to ring. I quickly got up and ran down to the hallway and towards the living room where the house phone is on top of the coffee table. I picked it up and pressed answer. I hesitated, "Hello?"

"Is this the Ellis residence?"

The caller doesn't sound familiar, "you're speaking with the wife"

"Is this Y/n Ellis?" I responded with a yes. "Hi, I'm here calling from NYC Hospital and I'm here to inform you your husband Oscar Ellis has died from a car collision in..." my brain blanked out. What are they talking about, Is Oscar dead?

"You're joking, right?" There was a long pause from the other side of the call. I rose my voice, "Please tell me you're joking." I started to tear up feeling my face burning up.

"Unfortunately not ma'am, I am deeply sorry." Is that all they can say to me? How did this happen? Who was at the incident? Who caused it? God!! There were so many questions running through my head but none ever came out of my lips for an answer.

So that's that, the husband of 2 1/2 years was pronounced dead at supposedly 11:28 pm. Instead of planning our future together as a barely married couple, I am now planning for his funeral and telling the news to everyone we know...

• • •

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE! <3