Chapter Twelve

Anfisa:
The banging on the door is so loud, I think the door might come crashing in.
"I think that's him." Amory says, feeling a little scared.
"The one and only." A sigh rolls over my lips, it feels defeated.
The banging keeps getting louder when no one opens the door. Even though I thought it couldn't get louder.
My eyes go towards Lorenzo. He seems to be on his phone, totally unbothered in what's going on around him.
He's not opening the door. This means I have to do it myself. For some reason I feel scared of him, even though I know he would never harm me.
"Lorenzo!" Amory yells, scaring the crap out of me with her loud voice. It's way too early to be yelling that loud.
Clearly Lorenzo get's just as scared as me, as he drops his phone flat on the ground. His screen makes a loud cracking sound.
"Fuck." He mutters under his breath.
With a slight feeling of rage Lorenzo get's up from the couch to open the door. If he would let Zachary bang on the door for much longer I'm pretty sure his hands would be bruised, or the door.
"So you're the new boyfriend?!" Zachary's voice echoes all the way through the whole apartment building. A loud bang echoes next.
Probably Zach who tries to storm into the apartment.
I give Amory a quick look, she has the same scared look in her gaze.
Hit after hit comes in my ear.
"Zachary" My voice makes a jump when I see him, right on top of Lorenzo.
"Jesus Christ! What the hell is your problem?!" Zach pulls back when his eyes fall on me, then Amory, back to me.
A slight feeling of guilt is visible, which turns into rage fast enough.
"What the fuck Anfisa, I thought we were going somewhere, who is this?!" His eyes gloss in the hallway light. The hallway where paintings are hanging, the only form of decoration in this entire apartment.
"That is my husband." Amory fills in for me, as I am unable to speak, seeing him like this seriously does something to me. It changes my view on him. My jaw is all the way on the floor.
"Your husband?" Non chalant he stands up, without even bothering to help Lorenzo to his feet.
Zach pulls his blouse straight and runs his hand through his hair. Fixing a piece hanging in front of his face.
"That wasn't very mature of me." Zach clears his throat, not even bothering to apologize for the huge blunder he just made.
"It's better if we go." My head bows to the floor.
"You think?"
"Amory, calm down it's okay. I shouldn't have made that stupid comment, he actually believed me. I'll take it as a compliment, I sound convincing." The shocked look on his face gets exchanged for a laugh, relieving some tension between Amory and Zachary.
After a moment of silence I make eye contact with Zachary. His pupils are small due to the extremely bright lights.
"Do you guys want to come in?" The look on Amory's face is grave, telling me to piss off. I open my mouth to deny Lorenzo's request when Zachary answers for me.
"We would love to."
Inside Amory makes us both a cup of tea. As much as she doesn't want us to be here, she is still nice to us, typically how I remember my sister.
"How long have you guys been together? Since it hasn't been too long since your boyfriend died."
A month and fifteen days, I have been counting.
"Fiancé." I correct him. Zachary's green eyes make it's way over to me, hoping I answer the question, but I don't. Not because I don't want to, I don't have the right words to explain this.
"We're not together." A slight look of betrayal is visible on Zach's face.
I'm only telling the truth, the truth that should've been spoken earlier.