Chapter 7

Ceesta was frightened. But the thought of being trapped in Norfolk with the King's hand on her neck was even more terrifying to her. She had survived living alone in an attic where most children were scared to venture, so Ceesta was quite confident that no entity could terrify her to death--

Kaya naman malakas ang loob niyang bumalik kay Olia noong araw din na iyon. But she was also nervous about what she was getting herself into.

Olia dropped the hint to survive. Na ang pagsulpot ng mga dark entities ay nagmumula  sa namunuong takot ng tao. It was all in one's mind after all. People have created monsters and lived with them. And this world, that mirror, its power was merely a product of Corina's imagination. Kung tutuusin, lahat ng ito'y laro lang nang gawin ni Cora, at alam niya na wala dapat siyang katakutan gayon na lahat ng ito ay hindi totoo.

Inalala niya lahat ng sinabi ni Olia. Sa oras na umapak siya papasok sa salamin, magsisimula ang bilang ng ibabawas sa buhay niya. Habang mas nag tagal siya, mas maraming oras ang mababawas. So she needed to be quick and focused.

Olia spoke but she couldn't hear it. Pasok sa kanan, labas sa kaliwa. Masyadong okyupado ng matinding kaba ang isip niya para pakiramdaman pa ang nasa paligid.

She stood straight, exhaling a lot of air to calm herself down before she began. She started to imagine what might await her inside. Would it be a pitch-black room, a light room, or a creepy forest? She hoped there would be no jump scares because she didn't want to enter in a panic. Gusto niya na kalmado siyang papasok nang sa gayon ay makapag isip siya ng maayos which was the opposite when a force, a hand, trusted her inside as the calmness in her washed away. Just in a flash, her breath was taken.

Ceesta felt her body bathed in cold, freezing water. Her eyes squeezed shut in an attempt to block the water from entering her eyes. She had a frightening realization that she was submerged, and her body was paralyzed by fear because she couldn't swim.

Mabibigat ang kaniyang braso nang winagaswas niya ang mga ito hanggang sa maramdaman ang malamig na bagay-- o mas mabuting sabihing isang malamig na kamay ang bumalot sa kaniyang paa.

Her panic grew as she felt that she was being pulled further and further into the depths below. She made the mistake of looking down, only to see a slender pale face with huge round eyes that looked up at her with an eerie smile. A malicious grin filled the eyes, as they twinkled with evil and joy, piercing her with fear.

A terrified scream escaped Ceesta as she completely forgot that she was underwater. She frantically kicked her feet, desperate for the monstrous creature to leave her alone. Ngunit isa lamang iyon sa maling paraan gayon na mabilis na nangawit ang katawan niya kakapalag.

Her body went stiff, and she could feel the grip of suffocation tightening around her throat. The lack of oxygen choking the life out of her--

It was all a mistake.

Ceesta felt intense pressure and pain in her chest due to the lack of enough oxygen until she decided to exhale all of it-- until there was no air left she could release and just let her body sink.