Chapter 10

Ceesta struggled to open her eyes, it took time before her senses got back only to discover she was in an unfamiliar room.

The walls were made of granite and accented with gold intricate designs and patterns, the ceiling was covered with ornate plasterwork and there was a huge crystal chandelier.

She had woken up in an intricately carved large bed with an ornamental headboard. The pale blue mattress against her back was utterly soft and comfortable. Kaya niyang mahiga roon buong araw kung gugustuhin niya.

A soft cough grabbed her attention towards a man sitting on a couch near the huge, and tall window that leads to the balcony and was slightly covered by pale blue silk and velvet curtains, with his crossed leg and arms. Agad na nakaramdam ng pagkailang si Ceesta nang maisip na maaaring kanina pa roon si Aslan at pinapanood siya.

“Ano na pakiramdam mo?” He asked, tilting his head.

Lips parted. She touched her throat with a gentle press. Kagabi, Deo-- Midnight attacked her. Ceesta thought she was going to die-- No.  She knew she died. 

She felt her strength and flesh being sucked by Midnight. 'Tsaka siya iniwan doon na halos buto't balat na lang. Inusisa niya ang braso at na ngilabot, kahit na bumalik ang laman niya roon, halata pa rin ang pagbawas ng kaniyang timbang.

Horrified. “W-why I am still alive?-- Didn't I die?”

“You could have. You seemed as helpless as a dried piece of fruit when I saw you being devoured by Midnight--I honestly believed that you had perished, but you continued gasping for breath just like a helpless fish in a desperate struggle for life.”

Ceesta remembered all of it. The screams, being helpless and weak while being tortured. Kagaya ng sinabi ni Aslan, kung hindi nito sila nakita agad, siguradong pinagluluksaan na siya ngayon. With confusion and teary eyes, “So you saved me?” She asked.

“Partly.”

“How? And this...” Inangat niya ang mga braso.

“Your arms?”

“Paanong bumalik 'to sa ganito? alam ko na nakita mo kung paano 'to dumikit sa buto ko--anong ginawa mo, Aslan?”

Tumayo ito nang hindi tinatanggal ang tingin sa kaniya. “I called a friend. People will not be happy to see a dried-half-dead person roaming around the palace.”

“I see that you enjoy socializing with another guest last night. At tingnan mo nangyari. I suggest don't trust strangers that easily again, Teeny. He stopped in front of her as he shoved his hands into his pockets.” He sighed. “He managed to escape with severe wounds."

His eyes traveled from her clavicle up to her throat, and her lips, and finally met her eyes. She immediately looked away as she gripped her hands to the comforter covering her lower body. “They prepared a special bath for you. To make sure he didn't leave any traces with you.”

Ibinalik niya ang tingin dito. “What do you mean with traces?"

“It's useless, anyway. Even if you rip your skin by scrubbing it hoping its saliva will not leave a mark on you. He had already tasted your soul and if-- unfortunately he survived from his severe wounds, he will hunt you down until he gets what he wants.” He stated.

---

She was dragged by female servants into the garderobe, walls, and floor were made of polished black obsidian plastered with gold.

Ceesta hugged her naked body that was soaked with warm water in a round bathtub. The nightmare never stopped running around her head as everything felt so off.