Chapter 17

Ceesta thought she was too numb to care about anything, everythung-- but when she returned to the palace and saw Aslan leaning on her door, as if, he was waiting for her-- the surge of anguish suddenly came rushing back.

Sinubukan niyang tanggalin sa isip ang kunot nitong noo na tila nag-aalala. Diyan ito magaling, ang paasahin siya sa pagpapanggap na may pakialam ito sa kaniya.

"I know what you've done," Ceesta said in a deeper resolute voice with threatening sharp eyes she had shot directly into Aslan's eyes.

His jaw clenched while she assumed that there was an uneasiness around the prince's expression. Na sinusubukan lang nito takpan ng kunwaring pag-aalala. "Where have you been?"

"Where is the book?" She countered. And when Aslan didn't respond, she repeat the question eagerly. "Where. Is. The. Book?"

He snatched her arms, gently. "We're not talking here, Teeny."

"No!--"Ceesta yelled, at sinubukan pumiglas nang muntik na siyang madapa dahil sa paghakbang ni Aslan, kaya mas pinagtuunan nito ng pansin ang pag balanse. "Dito tayo mag usap! Bistado ka na Aslan-- ikaw at 'yang madumi mong laro."

There was a sort of regret when she ran inside the room first without thinking. Aslan locked the door and blocked it with his tallness and broad shoulders. As he moved forward, Ceesta took a few steps backward.

"Ikaw yung kumuha ng libro--" Patuloy na naglakad palapit sa kaniya si Aslan kaya patuloy rin siya sa pag atras. "Ikaw rin ang dahilan kung bakit muntikan na akong mamatay nung gabing sinugod ako ni Midnight. At sigurado ako na kilala mo si Val-- at ano? ikaw ang nag utos sa kaniya na taguan kami, tama?"

"Kaya ba gusto mo akong gawing pain dahil hindi nagtagumpay yung una mong plano?' Her voice cracked. The unsaid words in her head were digging on her chest like a sting of a bee, whereas she tried to pull the words, the more it hurts.

"Plano mo akong patayin--"

Aslan kept his furrowed brow and jaw clenched, and still, he manage to look appealing despite being so displeased. He was dangerously bewitching.

"You're right--" The words shoot Ceesta's chest like a sword. She wanted him to take it back. She wanted him to deny it--

Ceesta gulped the pain she felt when the back of her hip hit the corner of the table.

"But you are mistaken if you believe that I wanted you dead." He said in a serious, grave voice, emphasizing the gravity of his words. "I care about you--"

She scoffed. "And you expect me to believe that?"

"No, but I know one thing." He was towering over her. Locking Ceesta in her place. He smelled sweet, fruity-- alcohol. She believes, he was drunk.

Kasabay nang bahagyang pag liyad ay ang mahigpit niyang paghawak sa gilid ng lamesa para humugot ng suporta.

"I know you want me, Ceesta."

Ceesta bit back a gasp. "You are vicious, atrocious self-centered deceiver--"

Pinutol niya ang salita ni Ceesta nang lumapat ang daliri nito sa labi niya. He hushed.

"We both know that you've got a pretty little liar mouth, too."

His lips curved into a smirk in a manner that was both mocking and derisive.

Natigilan siya nang may mapagtanto-- She finally gets it.

Habang buo ang loob ni Ceesta na nahulog ang mga ito sa pag papanggap at kasinungalingan niya. Nariyan si Aslan, pinaglalaruan siya gaya nang paglalaro ni Ceesta at pagbali sa katotohanan tungkol sa totoong pagkakakilanlan niya.