Chapter 9

They were greeted by laughter, chats, distinct aroma of flowers, wine, and fine perfumes, adding to the luxurious atmosphere. Hindi mapigilan ni Ceesta na mapatitig sa mga taong kagaya niya ay dala ang sarili sa magagarbong ball gown, at suits. Ang pinagkaiba lang. Lumaki ang mga ito sa palasyo. Siya, hindi.

Ceesta had never been to a ball which was why she felt quite uneasy. Hindi dahil sa mababang istado niya sa buhay. But these scenes were just made of inks and words when she had the first experience. And now everything felt so real. She didn't know exactly what to do.

Mangilan-ngilang mata ang pumukol sa gawi nila-- Hindi sa kaniya. Kundi kay Apollo. Hindi na siya nagulat.

Noon pa lang, alam na niyang agawin ito ng pansin. Minsan na niyang kina inggitan iyon kay Apollo, lalo na sa trabaho. Bukod kasi sa paborito ito ng kanilang amo. Napaka baba ng chance na matanggal ito sa trabaho dahil ito ang dahilan kung bakit popular ang library nila sa mga kalapit na isla.

She patted his arm before she backed away. “Enjoy, Mr. Morgan”

Batid niyang marami ang gustong magpakilala dito kaya gumilid muna siya habang sinusuri ang kwarto.

The room was spacious. There were huge red-gold velvet and satin curtains, crystal chandeliers that cast a warm light on the room, and plush carpeting for added comfort. Everything looks.. spectacular--

A hand clasped.

“Isn't this spectacular?”

Ceesta turned to the man with tangerine velvet tailcoat embroidered with white patterns, white trousers, and boots. Squinted eyes, she scanned Timothee's bright, and playful face who stood beside her.

“You..”

“Oh. I didn't see you there.” He said, but the sarcasm was there. “Did I surprise you?”

“Yes,” She side-eyed him. ”For invading my space.”

“Don't flatter yourself. Just to remind you that this is a social event, but that doesn't mean I am wanting to socialize with you. You're not that special,” He chuckled. “But enough small talks.”

“I don't like small talk.”

“And yet you keep talking with me.” 

Caught off guard. She stopped moving. She did not speak. Hindi lang dahil sa sinabi ni Timothee. But she felt a scorching sensation whenever someone was staring at her. She roam her eyes around and astonishingly saw nothing--

He chuckled. “I see, what brings you here?”

“My feet.”

“And your feet led you to...” He paused for dramatic effects “Me?”
, and feigns a shocked look. “My... how shocking.”

Scoffed. She made a disgusted face. “Lame.”

“Now that's a bit rude for an introduction, don't you think?” He narrowed his eyes, and his smirk grew larger while scanning her expression. “I get it. You're still holding a grudge for what happened earlier.”

“You think too much highly of yourself. I didn't even remember we'd met.” 

“Perhaps, I need to introduce myself. I'm Timothee Lathorne.” Another smile flashed through his lips. Inilahad nito ang palad na balot ng puting gloves, hinihintay na ipatong ang kamay niya doon. She had let him kiss the back of her hand despite disdain. Hindi naman niya gusto ipahiya ito gayon na maraming matataas na tao ang nakapaligid sa kanila. “Your turn, Darling.”

“Are you trying to flirt with me?”

He laughed. “What a silly question, my girl.” He paused for a moment. “What makes you think I am flirting with you? The playful tone in his voice was obvious.”