Chapter 11

She coughed, trying to get the water out of her nose and lungs. The first try was way worse but, the second was not better either. Ceesta felt like she could die there by coughing and it made worse when she realized she couldn't see her own hands, feet, and body. She was in total darkness.

She panicked and turned around. That's when she saw a floating object surrounded by pale blue light. She gasped when she recognized it was a key. Tinukod niya ang tuhod upang tumayo. Sigurado siya, 'yan ang susi na hinahanap ni Erna-- pero bakit dito siya dinala?

A loud thud echoed when her head hit the hard ceiling. Ceesta guessed she was in some sort of volt. She crawled and immediately took it before a monster appeared and swallow her whole.

She used the light from the key to find a door until she found a mirror. It was not supposed to be here yet, she had to find one more thing. The book.

Halfway when she turned around, the ground started to shake. She froze. Dahil sa pag yanig, na pansin niya ang pagkakaroon ng maliit na basag sa salamin.

“No no no--”

Hindi pa siya tapos. May isa pa siyang dapat hanapin pero tila iba ang sinasabi nang lumalakas na mga pagyanig. The small crack from the edge started to spread. Ceesta gritted her teeth as she hop her leg inside the mirror. The crack spread even faster so she throw herself before it could cut her body in half.

Her back flattened over the carpeted floor. Her heart and the pulse in her head were rapidly pounding. Gasping while waiting for her spinning sight stabled.

“Well, well...” A voice and a silhouette towering over her. “Alam mo ba kung gaano ka katagal sa loob n'yan?”

Hindi siya umimik. She closed her eyes once more and rolled her body to the side and used both hands to support her to stand.

“Walong oras. Ako na nag bilang para sa 'yo.”

Ceesta's arms weakened.

“Akala ko hindi ka na makalalabas d'yan.” Olia added and held Ceesta's arm. Tinulungan siya nito makatayo. “Glad you make it.”

“Paanong nangyaring mas malaki nabawas ngayon? Wala pang kalahating oras itinagal ko sa loob.”

Olia turned her back to Ceesta and took a few slow steps.

“Well. Things that are highly valued have an extravagant cost--Anyway..” She clasped her hands as she faced Ceesta again, with a wide smile. “Congratulations!”

Ceesta walked like a half-dead person. She didn't know what to feel, or how to accept the fact that she had lost 8 hours of her life, dahil lamang sa isang susi-- A freaking KEY, na hindi naman sa kaniya.

Ni hindi inaasahan ni Ceesta na doon siya dadalhin ng salamin gayon na hindi nga siya sigurado na gusto niya itong kuhanin.

She went back to the palace and headed to her room. The mattress was badly calling her back. She couldn't wait to wrap her whole body in a comforter and sleep for the whole day. Perhaps, she could just lay there for days or weeks--

“Teeny.”

Ceesta groaned as she turned to face Aslan in a white underneath shirt and a royal blue satin cape. She knew it was Aslan. Nobody called her Teeny aside from this cruel prince.

“Have you heard the news?” He said.

Ceesta only heard her body and mind screaming for rest. She needed rest more than anything else right now.

“Mamaya na, Aslan.” She sighed before she turned her back lazily.

Ceesta had no desire to engage in any conversation right now. Lalo na kung is Aslan na pang gugulo lang naman ang dulot sa kaniya.