Chapter 7

Sam woke up the next morning. He opened his eyes and noticed the power was back. He didn't see Em but he could hear the shower running upstairs. He got up and dressed, went into the kitchen and started cooking breakfast.

When Em got out of the shower and was drying off, she could smell food cooking. She was surprised. She figured Sam would be long gone by now.

Em went downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi." He went over and kissed her. "You like scrambled eggs and bacon right?"

"Yes."

"It should be ready in about about a minute."

They were sitting at the table.

"These eggs are really good." She said.

"Thanks."

"We have to talk about last night." "It was incredible it was."

"But your instinct today is to immediately pull away from me because of my age, right?"

"The age thing is a big deal."

"No it isn't."

"You only think that because you're so young."

"Well it didn't seem to bother you last night." He said smirking.

She smiled. "Shut up."

They'd just put the breakfast dishes in the sink. Sam pulled her close to him

"Show me the bedroom baby." He said. "I didn't get to see it last night." He kissed her. "Please." He said kissing her again. "Please." They went upstairs.

Two hours later he was holding her in bed.

"Want to go to dinner tonight?"

"Alright, but don't tell anybody."

"Why?"

"I don't know what this means yet." "I'm not ready to label it."

"I won't hurt you Em." "You can let your walls down, you can trust me." They kissed.

Two days later Em had just arrived at work. A bouquet of roses were at her desk. She opened the card. It read.

Have a great day Em. I can't wait to see you tonight. - Sam

She smiled.