Chapter 10

Em had decided to take the transfer but she didn't tell Sam. It scared her when he had told her he loved her. She loved him to but knew with their age difference it would never work out. She also knew that if she told him about the transfer he'd want to go with her. She wanted to experience life, not just follow her.

Two days after the Fourth of July it was six in the morning. Before getting in her car and going to the airport, Em put an envelope in Sam's mailbox with his name on it. She got in the taxi and it drove away.

Sam woke up at ten that morning. When he opened his door the envelope with his name on it was at his feet. When he came back from the bathroom he picked it up and opened it. It was a letter. It read.

Dear Sam,

My job has transferred me to another country. It was a hard decision for me to make but it's best for both of us. I want you to live your life. I want you to have happiness, joy, love, everything. I hope all your dreams come true. Goodbye. I'll never forget you. I love you.

Em

"No." He said out loud. He tried calling her but her number had been disconnected. He ran out of his house and over it hers. It was then he realized it was to late. She was already gone. "No." "I want to go with you, no." He said devastated.