Chapter 8

Em and Sam had continued secretly seeing each other. When he would come to see her he would use the back door. It was completely fenced in and no one could see him going in. She couldn't describe how she felt when she was with him, she knew she liked it. Sometimes she still couldn't believe she was with him.

Em was cleaning up her things from being on assignment all day. She got a text. It read.

Are you still gonna be home by seven? – Sam

Yeah. – Em

Let's order a pizza. – Sam

Ok – Em

Five minutes after Em got home Sam came through the back door.

"It's me." He said. He came into the living room holding a bouquet of roses.

"Are those for me?"

"Well I was gonna give to one of my other fifty girlfriends but.. He smiled. "Yes they're for you." She took them. They kissed.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." "How was work?"

"Good."

After they ate they were laying on the couch together. He was holding her. He kissed her forehead.

"When can we tell people about us?" He asked.

"I don't know."

"Baby, it's been almost a month."

"I know."

"What, are you ashamed of me?"

She looked at him. "No Sam." "It's just, you wouldn't understand."

"My age?"

"I know you don't think it's a big deal but it is." "Suppose we told your parents." "Even though you're eighteen they would hate us together."

"I don't care."

"I do." "I don't want to cause problems."

"All I care about is you." They kissed.

The next day Em was at work. She got a message that her boss wanted to see her. She went into her boss's office.

"You wanted to see me?" She asked.

"Yes." "I would like to transfer you to our offices in Paris, France."

"How long do I have to think about it?"

"Two weeks."

Em immediately thought of Sam.