Chapter 16

Em had gotten back from The States earlier in the day. Lucas was at work. Em was waiting for Samantha to come home from school. She unpacked as she waited. A half hour later. Samantha walked through the door.

"Hi Samantha." She said from the couch.

"Hi.

"Come sit with me." "I have something to tell you." She said down next to her. "I didn't go to America on assignment like I said I did." "I went to America to try and find your dad, and I did."

"You found dad?"

"Yeah."

"I want to meet him."

"He wants to meet you to." "Next weekend we're going to America, we're going to Miami so you can meet."

"Was he happy when you told him about me?"

"Yes." "He can't wait to meet you."

It was the following Thursday. Lucas was in the passenger seat of the ambulance.

"What's wrong with you today?" His partner asked.

"Em and Samantha are going to America to see Samantha's father tomorrow." "I've always thought that Em still has feelings for him." "I've never had to worry about it before because he lived in another country and we didn't know where he was." "I don't know what she sees in him." "He a twenty-six year old kid." "I'm just worried he's gonna take my family away from me."

The next day Em and Samantha were standing outside Sam's hotel room.

"Are you ready?" Em asked.

"Yeah."

Em knocked on the door. Sam answered it.

"Hi." He said. He looked at Samantha. "Hi."

"Hi dad."

"Come in." They went inside.

"So this is what you look like."

"Yep." "Can I give you a hug?"

"Yeah." They hugged.

"I'm glad we finally got to meet."

"Me to."

They spent the rest of the getting to know each other. He'd taken them all out to dinner that night. Em was putting Samantha to bed.

"What do you think about your dad?" Em asked.

"I like him." "He's fun."

"Good."

The next night after a show Samantha decided to stay in Sam's room. They all played some games before Samantha went to bed. Em and Sam were sitting on the couch talking.

"I'm glad you became a professional wrestler." Em said. "I knew you could do it." "When did you decide to start training?"

"When I was twenty-one." "I know my life would've been different, if you would've told me you were pregnant."

"Yeah, I know you would've wanted to stay."

"I would've asked you to marry me." "What would you have said?"

"I think I would've been resistant at first, but eventually, I would've said yes."

"Yeah?"

"Of course, I loved you." "I should go."

"Em." He said putting his palm to her cheek.

"Sam stop."

"Emmaline, I-

"No." She said interrupting him. "I can't." She said with tears in her eyes. "I love my husband." She left.