[ 001 ] grown up

CHAPTER ONE
❛ feral alley cat. ❜

 ❜

KAIMANA MONTGOMERY WATCHED OUT THE WINDOW OF THE CAR AS CONRAD FISHER DROVE HER HOME, LEG BOUNCING IN TIME WITH THE MUSIC BLASTING FROM THE SPEAKER

Every year she, the Fisher's and the Conklin's make the drive up to Cousins Beach for the perfect summer; and it was always the perfect summer. She could feel the excitement bubbling in her chest as they drove past the sign, entering Cousins Beach. Her heart beat picked up when she felt Conrad's hand on her bare thigh, they decided to drive up a day early since they both got off school before Jeremiah and he'd go up with Susannah. Conrad wanted to spend time with Kai and set up for their arrival. The song switched to one of their shared favourites; Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus.

It was six in the afternoon when they drove by the waterfront, the waves racing each other to the bay, reaching further up the sand the later the night goes on. They woke up and nine, which for the summer holidays, is inhumanly early, Kai wouldn't allow herself up before noon in the summer so she'd napped for most of the ride. Conrad's hand didn't move from her thigh for the rest of the ride, as they drove along the smooth roads, screaming the lyrics to Taylor Swift without a care in the world.

Summer is always the time of year Kaimana can't wait for, even though she spends most of her time with the Fisher boys, since they all live in Boston, it's not quite the same as spending every waking second with them in their summer house, going surfing, attending the best parties ever and just having the best time of their lives. Kai is often seen dancing on the beach, throwing herself off of roofs into pools, chugging from kegs, doing drugs and rolling blunts. She's notoriously known for her chaos and her inability to care for what people think of her.

Nonetheless, the two seventeen year olds have a feeling this year will be a little different then all the other years. Just after Christmas, Conrad and Kai ended up sleeping together and they've just sort of been together ever since. They both agreed to keep it strictly between them, however, they've almost been caught quite a few times, but that doesn't matter because the thrill just drives them to love each other even more.