[ 010 ] prince charming

CHAPTER TEN
❛ i don't want to be a bother ❜

CHAPTER TEN❛ i don't want to be a bother ❜

IT'S ALWAYS PEACEFUL IN COUSINS, in the morning anyway. The waves weren't strong enough to kill you, but high enough to let you surf your little heart away. And that's exactly what Conrad and Kaimana did, maybe it's a habit for them to surf most mornings in Cousins because they can't at home all that easily because of school and having the haul everything down there, but it's fun and Kai hopes it's something they'll never, ever stop doing even if they end up breaking apart. 

She sits on her board, rocking back and forth as Conrad lays on his front, staring into space. Kai looks back at the empty beach and goes back to one specific conversation they once had laid side-by-side, together. 

"Iceland is always great around that time of year." Conrad's voice breaks up her memory as they lay on the beach, ignoring the chatter of the families around. Little kids making sand castles and digging holes just for people to break their ankles on, locals surfing, teens having gatherings. "For our eighteenth -- are you even listening, Mana, it seems like you're not." She pushes herself up by her elbows, the Aviators plastered to her face slipping down her nose. "Iceland, what do you think?"

"You hate flying." She states, her brow raising.

He gives a small nod, "But we never went anywhere for our sixteenth and I want to do something for our eighteenth. Greece, we can live out our Mamma Mia lives." Kai just laughs, finding it ironic that she was just remembering the time they were speaking about going abroad for their sixteenth and she suggested Greece for the exact same reason, "How about Dubai, you loved Dubai when you and your mom went for our birthday?"