[ 012 ] how did i end up here?

CHAPTER TWELVE
❛ how about mamma mia? ❜

CHAPTER TWELVE❛ how about mamma mia? ❜

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. 

How had she gotten herself here again? Restraints so tight they were going to leave bruises. Face so pale her skin could be translucent. Skin so raw that it could split open and bleed any second. Her dark and lifeless eyes on the ceiling, body limp in the uncomfortable bed.

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

The rhythmic beeping of the machine telling her heart rate is steady, she's not panicking or scared... she's just, laid there, lifeless. Not even breathing for her own anymore, life hurt like hell and she'd let it get the best of her. How had she gotten herself here again?

The question continued to replay in her, how the hell had she wound up on a breathing machine, restrained to the bed, staring at the painfully bright hospital ceiling. It was truly a mystery, because her body is in no pain, not for that moment anyway. It's that second of peace before the world comes rushing back, she wants it every time she closes and opens her eyes but it's simply not possible. She can't see life as peaceful, life is... fucked. 

So, she asks herself again. How the hell has she gotten herself here again?

SIX MONTHS AGO

"MONTY." Someone clapped above her head, making her jerk awake. Kai's eyes widened when she saw her roommate, Marlene or Lenny as everyone calls her. She's pretty cool, but they don't hang out all that much. Kaimana sticks to herself, "You slept threw all five of your alarm, girl. It's time to get up, or you'll be late and you know of PJ is."