[ 006 ] die a million deaths

CHAPTER SIX
❛ everyone has a chapter they don't read aloud ❜

CHAPTER SIX❛ everyone has a chapter they don't read aloud ❜

KAIMANA FOUND HERSELF REVIEWING HER OUTFIT ONE MORE TIME IN THE MIRROR. 

It was a rather simple outfit. A white and red crop top with mushrooms on it and some blue shorts, paired with red high top converse. Her hair was in a simple messy bun, not having the energy to deal with her unruly curls this morning. Kai had swiped on some simple makeup, paired with her gold jewellery and decided to wear her honu turtle necklace that she's had since she was little, it was for good luck. 

Sighing as she brushed down her shorts, raking the creases out, Kai decides that she's ready. It's been two weeks since her episode and they've seemed to forget that it ever happened and she's moved past it, mostly. The family was already in the kitchen, it was quiet as if they were playing a game. She stops in her steps, making a face of confusion, "What's going on?"

"Adam's not coming today and dad is bringing his new girlfriend, Victoria." Steven explained, sipping his juice. Kai just nods her head, she hadn't heard a thing about this Victoria or that Adam isn't coming, but as her eyes skated the room and found Conrad, he was smiling to himself. Kaimana knew that Adam had cheated on Susannah when she was going threw chemo with his secretary, but Jeremiah didn't know. "And, your mom is coming, I'm excited to see her actually."

Kai's brows dipped in confusion, "I didn't know Ma was coming, why don't I know anything?" She shook her head in disbelief, walking over to the sink to grab a cup of water. Conrad stood aside for her to fill up the cup, glancing down at her. She feels a shiver go down her spine at his eyes on her, but she doesn't look back up. Not much has gone down between them in the past two weeks, they'd gone on the date and that was it. They'd even booked out a hotel, it was a magical night but neither had still asked each other to be serious.