[ 005 ] sweet sixteen

CHAPTER FIVE
❛ the smallest steps, are the biggest if you let them ❜

CHAPTER FIVE❛ the smallest steps, are the biggest if you let them ❜

BELLY'S BIRTHDAY IS THE ONE TIME OF THE YEAR THAT THE ENTIRE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND HER AND NO ONE CARES. 

Kai loves Belly's birthday, they're always so fun, even though her's and Conrad's is always a blast, Belly's birthday is always so chill but also exciting. She also sort of hates that she has to share a birthday, it's not the best of things, but she keeps it in internal. This year, Kaimana decided to get Belly a box that opens up with a whole bunch of pictures of them from over the years, and then a pear of pearl earrings in the middle with a couple packets of different flavoured sweets, the pearl earrings matching the necklace that Susannah got her for the debutante ball. 

"Morning dorks." She sighs, entering the kitchen before Belly does. Conrad glances up at her with a small smile, Kai returns the smile turning to look over Laurie's shoulder, "They smell lush, can I get one?"

"Away, you're like a vulture." Laurel states, Kaimana pouts turning towards the island and grabbing a blueberry muffin. Jerm must've gone on a muffin run before Belly got up, Kai thinks she's in a great mood for getting up at nine. 

Kaimana pulls herself onto the counter, looking around, "So, what is the plan for today? Are we doing anything special for Belly's birthday, or, like, not doing anything. It is her sweet sixteen after all." 

"We're having dinner later, a nice fancy one and Taylor's coming." Susannah says as she sets out all of the pretty dishes and napkin origami that are in shapes of swans. Kai loves her swan napkins, they're so adorable, she had one made into a little figurine and has it on her mantle at home. "I'm sure Belly will want to go to a party later, I heard Nicole is throwing one, you know that nice girl."