[ 008 ] death by a thousand cuts

CHAPTER EIGHT
❛ please, don't leave me ❜

CHAPTER EIGHT❛ please, don't leave me ❜

DEPRESSION IS LIKE AN OLD FRIEND TO KAIMANA. 

It comes in waves, and knocks her down. Before, she's gotten back up, all on her own. But this time, it's different. She's never had such a strong wave of it, making her feel paralysed. It takes a lot for Kaimana Montgomery to break, especially in front of you. But still, depression is a friend that she welcomes back every single time. When she's not in it, she doesn't remember it, but when she is, it's the worst thing in the entire world. She didn't expect it, but she let it back in and this time it feels like it'll end her. 

Depression. It's a word with so many deep meanings, so much behind it, but at the end of the day, it's just a stupid word to describe such an indescribable feeling. 

The ceiling of her bedroom has never been plain, it's like staring at the night sky, she loves it. Such intricate details that Susannah put in, with the names of the signs beneath the golden constellations that have a deep blue background that she adores. Her room is always tidy, never messy, ever. Kai hates untidiness, it's probably deep rooted fear of getting injured if someone found out she'd let it go so messy but she just hates mess. However, when she's in a depression episode, she finds it hard to keep it tidy, because all of her little energy is focused on making people think she's fine even though she's suffering inside.

Her room is dark, the curtains pulled over to keep the bright sun from her eyes, she's in a hoodie, under her duvet. Kaimana is hot, but she can't be bothered to move or change anything about the way she's laid. Continuing to flutter in and out of consciousness, the girl can't find the energy to pull herself out of bed. She doesn't want to face Conrad, and she knows she'll have to at some point, they've still got a month left and then they're literally going to the same school.