[ 009 ] inside the lies

CHAPTER NINE
❛ i'm fine❜

CHAPTER NINE❛ i'm fine❜

"COFFEE?" CONRAD EXTENDED THE CUP TOWARDS HIS GIRLFRIEND WITH A RAISED BROW AND A GENTLE SMILE. 

She grinned, taking the cup and pulling herself onto the island when Jeremiah came bounding down the stairs. His mood fell when he saw Conrad and Kai sat in the kitchen, his dark eyes looked straight at the coffee pot and saw that it was empty and the older brother was pouring the last into his own cup. "Seriously?" Jeremiah asked, irritated. 

"You can have it." Conrad shrugged giving it to him before taking out the filter to make more coffee. "Hey, where Belly? And everyone else." Kai didn't want to fell jealous that he wanted to know where Belly was, because he was just curious but she did and she hated it. Kaimana isn't someone to be jealous but when it came to Conrad and Belly, especially now, she felt extremely jealous and upset. 

"Uh, Belly and Steven are at the club, doing the whole deb thing." Jeremiah responded, glancing at Mani who avoided his eye contact and just sipped her coffee. 

"Want some eggs? I'll make some." The oldest brother suggested with a grin, putting the filter back into the machine. 

But Jeremiah declined, "Uh, I gotta get to the club. So, uh... what's with the good mood?" 

"Uh, I don't know. Maybe I'm happy to be alive after you almost blew me up last night." Kai scoffed, now he was playing the victim, she pressed her lips together, fighting the urge to slam her coffee cup onto the side and walk away. He almost cheated on her. 

"Like I said, sorry, didn't know you were out there." Jeremiah brushed it off, he knew damn well they were there, and he wouldn't of blown them up. 

Kai cleared her throat, "I'm gonna go to the marina, Laurie wants me to try and get my old job back." That was a lie, she's probably just going to go to the boardwalk and avoid everyone all day. Hoping off the counter, she leans forward to Conrad and pecks his lips. He smiles at her, but she doesn't smile back and just turns and leaves. His smile falters but his mood picks back up in a second.