[ 011 ] never felt so alone

CHAPTER ELEVEN
❛ i'm done fighting for us ❜

CHAPTER ELEVEN❛ i'm done fighting for us ❜

"I HEAR BELLY BELLS." Kaimana announced as she waltzed into the kitchen, spinning over to Belly and humming the tune of the stereotypical wedding bells. The younger girl laughs when Monty takes her hand, making them dance around the kitchen. "And finish. Everyone applaud for our amazing dancing." She finishes with Belly sort of bent backwards but not really because she's struggling to stay upright. 

Belly's nose scrunches when she stands up as everyone lazily claps, "Have you been drinking? I can smell your breath." Mani frowns and shakes her head, taking a seat on the stool beside Jeremiah. Kai glances at Conrad who offers her a kind smile but then turns away with the box of muffins, setting them on the side for later. 

"Belly, you should get going." Susannah announces as she walks into the kitchen with Belly's dress over her arm, "Oh, and everyone, stay out of the family room. I've done all your paintings and tonight after the ball, we'll have a big unveiling. Uh, can you put that in Laurel's car, honey?" She hands the sixteen year olds huge dress to Jeremiah who makes a face as he takes it, almost wobbling from how heavy it is, he didn't expect it to be that heavy. 

"Aren't you driving me?" Belly asked as she was handed the keys to her mom's car. Kai pressed her lips into a thin line, she should probably start getting ready since it is mid-day and they need to be there in five hours, but she'll start with having something small to eat. 

Laurie shakes her head, "I'm going over with Susannah, so I thought maybe you could drive yourself. It's only a few blocks, unless you don't want to." Belly's beyond happy as she squeals, bouncing up and down and running from the kitchen after thanking her mom. "Drive slow, obey the lights, wait four seconds at each stop sign."