[ 016 ] breakup

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
❛ she's a bad friend, con ❜

CHAPTER SIXTEEN❛ she's a bad friend, con ❜

THE RAIN SLAMMED AGAINST THE TILES OF THE ROOF, hammering on the metal cars, almost strong enough to dent it and covering the roads in a thin layer of water. Conrad Fisher pushes open the door from the building into the parking lot, anger bubbling in his chest as Belly Conklin follows behind him, immense worry for her boyfriend and if he'll break it off with her. 

She watches him for a moment, stare out at the cars, ready for the escape. Conrad feels his car keys in his pocket, it's so close, he doesn't have to confront this. But he can't just leave Belly hanging in the dust, the boy turns, eliciting a nervous sigh from the sixteen year old. 

Belly slowly turns, turning her head away for a split second, not wanting to believe that this could be... this could be over. "I'm sorry." The soon to be eighteen year old apologised, walking back towards Belly, stepping closer to her. Conrad stared into her hurt gaze, and all he could see was Kaimana. The way her eyes hurt when they broke it off, but so much worse then this. He would've been wearing the exact same expression, and even though breaking up with Belly was hurting him, he was secretly glad this was over. Too much drama came with her, and this way he could begin to repair his relationship with Jerm and Kai. 

Her lips parted, hands raising as she fought for words but they only got caught at the back of her throat, "I know this is hard with everything going on. Please don't shut me out." Conrad parted his lips, avoiding her gaze as he spoke. 

"I feel like I just keep disappointing you." He admitted, although that wasn't the whole reason why he wanted to stop being with Belly. 

"You haven't." She shakes her head, "And you aren't." Belly blinks back the tears, trying to hold them back for as long as possible. She knew why he was doing this, something had happened back home that he was shutting out from her, that they had no idea was going on. And Belly had a big suspicion that it would be something about Kaimana, because she's always the centre of attention.