[ 007 ] a world of pain

CHAPTER SEVEN
❛ you have no fucking idea ❜

CHAPTER SEVEN❛ you have no fucking idea ❜

KAI AND CONRAD MADE THEIR WAY DOWNSTAIRS, THEY'D SPENT ABOUT HALF AN HOUR UP THERE, JUST TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING. 

Kai told Conrad about all the stuff her dad did to her when she was younger, he promised he'd never lay a finger on her again. And then Conrad told her about everything he knows about Susannah's cancer, and how bad it is. She hasn't gotten any treatment yet, and he thinks she doesn't plan to which just made Kai burst into tears, he comforted her as she cried and then they spent a little while talking about nothing in particular, about college and their plan. 

They felt lighter, almost, ready to face anything because they had each other. Conrad and Kai both looked at each other, with a look of love in their eyes that couldn't be matched, his gaze was so kind and thoughtful, he never believed he could love someone as much as he loved Kaimana. And she was the same, but in all truth, her love for him was slightly different. Conrad was her safe place. He was who she could count on to ground her whenever she felt a panic attack coming, or like she was going to have a flashback or something like that. Conrad has a much deeper meaning then anyone could begin to think for Kai. 

Jeremiah and Belly were in the kitchen, sipping at a fancy looking margarita. "What are you guys making?" Conrad asks, pulling Kai into the kitchen, she appeared at Jeremiah's side, peering over his shoulder. 

"Pomegranate margaritas, but with a twist." Belly grinned, shaking a tub of Kool-Aid powder. Conrad looked at Kaimana, both having the same idea to use the good blender. Kai grinned at him as he grabbed the good blender, giving it a little shake.