[ 015 ] post-partum

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
❛ i'm sorry. ❜

"JUST A FEW MORE STEPS

"JUST A FEW MORE STEPS." The Physical Therapy nurse told Kaimana, her entire body was dripping with sweat, her clothes soaked threw. The eighteen year old bit harshly on her tongue, knuckles white from the tight grip she had on the walker. "Just back to the bed, Kaimana." She grunted as she shoved the walker forward, dragging her foot across the cold floor, tears pricking at her eyes.

"I can't." She shakes her head, breathing deeply, the pain was immense. She felt like the entire bottom half of her body was going to fall off, it was like carrying a weight. Mani didn't remember it being this hard to walk again, and she broke her femur at seven years old, this time she accidentally overdosed, fell down multiple flights of stairs and had two surgeries. If anything, it's a mental block stopping her from walking again. She doesn't want to walk again, but she has to walk again, she has to live again.

Conrad placed a hand on her face, "You can, Mani. I know you can." He nodded firmly, "Come on, just two more steps and then you can lay down." Tears dripped down her cheeks as she took his hand, the PT nurse removed the walker, watching Conrad wrap an arm around her waist to hold her up, "One foot in front of the other."

Kai leaned into him as she bared her teeth, sobbing from the agonising pain. "It hurts so much." She cries, resting her head on her shoulder, Conrad is holding her up right, basically carrying her across the floor but she continues to move her feet until she's at the bed and finally... finally, she can sit down. The girl sighs in relief as she brings her feet up onto the bed, groaning from the relief off her feet. He helps her get settled back in, smiling gently, grabbing her cup of water so she can drink.

"You've done so well, Kaimana." The PT nurse tells her, picking up her tablet on the side, "Considering your circumstances, I'm surprised you aren't in bed." Monty can't even attempt to smile or laugh, every bone in her body is killing. She needs a shower, she knows she stinks, she just needs to... to do something other then rot in this bed. "I'll leave you now, we'll try again tommorow."