[ 004 ] crashing dates

CHAPTER FOUR
❛ that was really shitty of you ❜

CHAPTER FOUR❛ that was really shitty of you ❜

SECRETLY DOWNING SOME OF THE CHARDONNAY, KAI TURNS HERSELF AWAY FROM THE CROWD, EVEN THOUGH NO ONE IS REALLY PAYING ATTENTION

The book party is a total bust, it's just a book shop filled with old people or middle aged woman look for a new book for their book club. It's great for Laurel, but it's boring for the teens. So Conrad and Kaimana snuck away to down some of the alcohol, needing to feel a buzz to have a chance of getting threw tonight, since they wouldn't be able to leave for long enough to smoke a joint.

Jeremiah was trying to place as many books as possible onto Steven, the boy feeling like he was crushed under the weight. "This is so boring." Kai complains, her eyes shutting as she leans against the pillar beside the exit. "Why can't we just sneak out, go to some party, Nicole is probably throwing one, or someone at least?"

"We have to be here for Laurel, if we sneak out, we'll get our asses beat." Conrad tells her, filling her glass up with more chardonnay from the half finished bottle they stole from the drinks station. It was only a small cup, barely even a cup, but not a shot glass. It was a weird geometric shaped cup but it did the job just fine. Kaimana sighs, looking down at her feet, "I'm sure we can leave a little early, but we, like, just got here."

Kai nods, finishing her cup, "Conrad?" His name echoes in the air, both tipsy teens look around to see where it came from. They spot Laurel and Cleveland, another author, staring at them. The Montgomery girl looks at the cups in their hands, it's incriminating. He quickly hands her the bottle, it almost slips from her hand, but she manages to catch it before it hit the floor. He just looks down at her, holding back a laugh, slightly disorientated when Laurie calls him over.

The girl receives a look from a waiter, as she sets the bottle down. He walks towards her, "Is that where that went?" She makes a face, pressing her lips into a tight line and hands it back to him, "Thanks. I was wondering, we had twenty, and I only counted nineteen."