Episode-1

Episode-1
Amber POV:
I walked further to the counter and passed the packed food to the counter, I work at a local food joint. I live in this small city on my own, they call be Amber Driver. I have a small house that I inherited from my mom, it would be hard for a 17 year old like me to have a home on her own.. anyways I am no special, dark straight hairs that reach to my shoulders, I always tie them in pony, brown eyes, fair completion, I am skinny.. and I don’t find it good…
I walked back to the kitchen where I help the owner Mrs. Anderson in kitchen. She has lots of staff and I am one of them, she is strict and sometimes scary. Her daughters are in charge after her, the daughters aren’t much different form their mother, but I am not worried about them, I can handle that. They are the boss, so they can get angry on us, sometimes they do this out of bad mood but Mrs. Anderson didn’t say much to me, I think I am the one she treats best, so do her daughters.. maybe because I am girl living on myself with no support and no family.. they pity me… I am paid extra.. eldest daughter of Mrs. Anderson drops me home when we have night shift.. I know they take care of me because they think I have no one for that, and seriously I hate this pity people have for me… I seen many people like this, since mom passed away.. I hate it.. this reminds me I don’t have her or no one as a family..
I finished cleaning the dishes and Mrs. Anderson came to me suddenly, I realized my shift ends, my work ends at 5 in the evening. Mrs. Anderson says, “go home…. You worked hard.” She didn’t have much of expression but I know she cares for me, I don’t know why, she is so strict but she pities me. she is actually lives in the same block as mine.
I don’t talk much to people, I just nodded. I said, “Bye.. Mrs. Anderson..” I can barely make it to look in her eyes… I prefer not being around people, if it was not for this job then I won’t have been even around single person. I was about to walk out when I saw Mrs. Anderson’s elder daughter, Samantha, she is in her early 30s but so beautiful. I heard that their dad was in army and never returned, since then Mrs. Anderson and Samantha became like this but the youngest sister who is 28 smiles more than her mother and sisters.
Samantha came to me and asked, “did you finished high school?.. or are you drop out..” I was surprised but her raised eyebrows made me speak, “I am high school graduate..” I answer to them quickly maybe because I know they are good people. I know I am too young to be high school graduate… there is a reason, I was smarter when I was enrolled into school, apparently when they were talking my test to go in 1st grade, they realized I knew everything.. mom use to teach me some things here and there…. So I knew much more than I should, I was smarter with high IQ so they put me into 3rd grade…. It was hard at first everyone was bigger than me…. but I managed… it was not a problem… but as I grew up everything went into trash, I lost everything, even my will to make something of myself… I even graduated online, I didn’t go to actual high school… I work full day to make living and only attended exams… online studies are pleasing than getting bullied….
Samantha nodded and then said, “do you want to go to college?.. I am handle it, you can pay us back when you have stable  if you want…. You don’t have to though..” she is offering me help like this.. anyone would be happy, but I am not…. I decided not to go to college, I barely made it through high school, I had no friends, I was always the kid all by herself and bullied.. I was not that great at studies either…. If mom was here then I would have thought but without her I have no courage to face the world.. what if they recognize me my name, they will fear me… college is scary for me..
I was shaken out of thoughts when Mrs. Anderson asked, “you can choose any field you want… we want you to have a bright future.. a young good girl like you shouldn’t be spend her life working in a restaurant.. you still have time to discover yourself..”
I looked at them and asked, “why… why helping me?” I am not use to taking much of a help