Episode-42

Episode-42

Amber's POV:

I went to the office after college to see Edward. I am so excited... really... I feel better and I want to tell him whatever happened.

I walked in to his office, I walked in with a knock.. I smile at Edward but he looked busy, He said, "Olivia get coffee for me..." My smile faded... he called her, maybe he thought it was her...

He looked at me and said, "Amber.... you... sit..."

I smiled at him as I knew he didn't knew it was me, he just asked for coffee from her... nothing much. I shouldn't react like that.

I noticed his hand, it was injured and covered with bandage. I asked, "Your hand.... what happened?"

Edward said, "It's nothing."

I still asked with concern, "But it looks.."

Edward said dryly, "I said it's nothing.." I gulped.. is he in bad mood?

I walked to him and said, "Should I bring you coffee..."

Edward looked at me and said, "No.. you are my boss... it won't be proper... anyways Olivia knows how I like my coffee... don't trouble yourself..."

He was looking at his computer screen and he said this without hesitation. I felt bad, really bad...

I still looked at him, Edward asked, "Are you feeling better? did you took meds?"

I said, "I am good.... but I didn't had lunch... so I will eat meds after that..."

Edward said, "I will ask Eva to take you to eat... after that go back to your cabin and I will ask Hyde to assign you work..." I looked at him trying to understand his words. I was here to take him with me for lunch..... but...

I said, "Edward..."

His gaze was on me, I asked smiling, "Did you notice anything?" I wore the pendent he gave me... he will notice, right?

Edward asked, "What?"

I am disappointed, I said, "I wore the pendent..."

Edward said, "Oh.. ok..." He looked back at the screen, he doesn't care... my heart breaks every moment....

I asked, "Edward, can we go on lunch.."

Edward said immediately, "No.... there is press conference.... I am busy..." I couldn't pull another smile on my face, I ran out of will... I am disappointed.

I said, "Oh.. then I will join you for it..." maybe after his work is done he will hang out with me

Edward looked at me on this, I heard a knock on the door, I heard Olivia as door open, "Sir... the reporters are here..."

she looked at me and greeted me.

Edward got up and said, "Let's go.. Amber you too.."

I followed him through the hallway and to the lift. soon I was in front of a huge conference room door, Hyde pulled the door for me and I got in a little... Edward was behind me... I couldn't go in.. My legs started shaking... My social anxiety ruined my courage. I was sweating... I can't go in such a place where everyone will look at me and question. I turned back passing Edward.... I can't do this... I can't....

I need water... I can't face them

I heard Edward, "Olivia... take her to her cabin and bring her lunch." Olivia grabbed my shoulders and took me to the lift again.