twenty four

Maeve

My heart is pounding a thunderous beat in my ears. I have never felt so unnerved before. My skin tingles, my breathing erratic. I feel like I could run a fucking marathon, adrenaline burning through my veins like wildfire.

I can't seem to shake the image of Caine with his head thrown back, that defiant look in his slate gray eyes as they latched onto mine. The fact that he had come undone while holding eye contact with me makes me squirm.

I peel my back from against the door and go to the window having the urge to jump out of it just to feel cool air on my skin. A sick dread swarms in my stomach as I note the wetness between my thighs. Fuck.

What was wrong with me? How could I possibly be turned on by the obscene display that had just occurred moments ago? The nerve of Caine to watch me like that while someone else performed for him. He really was insane.

He had no reason to taunt me anymore. I was only being kept here for my protection all because he had fucked up. If anything he should be groveling at my feet for the shit he had put me through. Not involving me in his indecent affairs.

All my anger from the past couple of weeks was starting to boil over and I wanted nothing more than to rain on his parade just to spite him. 

My legs carry me out of my room and down the hall fueled by my vexation. I didn't care if I ruined his sexual encounter with the blonde or not. Although the thought of finding him buried cock deep in some random woman slowed my stride a little.

I relaxed a bit when I discovered the hallway empty. I glance down at the end of the hall where Caine's room was located. The door was open, darkness and shadows spilling out. Okay, so the party must be taking place in another part of the house.

I storm down the stairs to the foyer. The only other place they could possibly be, would be the library or his office. The library seemed to hold some sort of special place for him so no matter how hollow his heart was, I doubted he would defile that room in such a way.

I pass by the dining room and go down a hall that leads to a door at the far end. The door is shut and sure enough, a glow from lamplight shines below it. I don't even knock, just twist the knob and enter in.

Caine's office is massive. It's as big as my bedroom and bathroom combined with a dark oak desk situated against the left side of the room. Stacks of papers and miscellaneous items are strewn across its polished surface. Bookshelves line one wall, and shelves upon shelves of liquor bottles line the opposite. A large plush looking sofa, along with a matching loveseat make up a small sitting area.

And behind the desk, lounged back in a armchair is Caine.

His tie is undone, pulled loose around his neck. The first three buttons on his shirt are open, revealing a sliver of his pale chest and collar bone. He's holding a whiskey glass, and regarding me with a smug expression. I stand in the threshold of the door. Neither of us speaking, just staring at each other. Him with a look of calculated superiority and me with my chest heaving and steam blowing from my nose.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I bite out. He raises his brow.

"I was enjoying my glass of whiskey in the peace and quiet." He says stoically.

"You know what I mean." I snarl. The corner of his mouth twitches a fraction.

"I'm not sure I do?" He obviously knows what I'm talking about. He's just toying with me. I stride over to him, rounding the desk. He watches me intently as I lean over him, my pointer finger digging into his chest.

Our faces are inches apart. I can smell the mixture of sweat, liquor, and sex on his skin. My eye catches on a small scar cut in the middle of his left eyebrow. For a fleeting moment I allow myself to wonder where he got it, but then I shake the thought, remembering why I came in here in the first place.

"Whatever sick and twisted game you think you and I are playing, it's over. I am not going to allow you to bully me any longer. So whatever just happened out...there...better not ever happen again." I demand.

He assesses me with an amused expression. His eyes trailing down from my face, along my arm and resting on where I have my finger pointing into his chest.

Quick as a flash of lightening, he grabs my hand. I try to pull it away but his grip is like iron. He stands, his hold still on my hand and twists me around, switching our places. Now I'm sitting behind the desk in his chair and he's looming over me like some aggrieved statue. His chest is rising and falling quickly, but you couldn't tell it from his face.

"Let me go!" I try to twist away from him, but he grabs my face and I'm suddenly getting flashbacks from the other night in the garden. Tears spring up in my eyes. So stupid, I think. So stupid for me to waltz in here and threaten him.

Once he sees that he's got me subdued enough, he releases his hold on my jaw and instead, lightly uses the pads of his fingers to trace my cheek. I visibly shiver, my nipples hardening from his slight touch. No matter how traitorous my body was being, I would not give in to him.

"You were watching me." He purrs.

"No." I squeeze the word out between clenched teeth.

He leans ever closer, his lips brushing my ear. "Liar."

"I'm not lying! Now let me go!"

"Tell me something. Did you enjoy watching me get my cock sucked?" He bites on my earlobe and I yelp. His filthy words make me clench my thighs together tighter.

"I bet you liked watching me come in another woman's mouth while you watched like some curious little rabbit." He has a wild look in his eyes like he could either strangle me or fuck me. Or maybe both. A shiver runs down my spine before I grit my teeth.

"I was wishing she would bite it off." I spit at him, hoping my words conveyed enough venom even though my body was all but ready to hand myself over to him.

He laughs bitterly. My mind short circuits as he moves his free hand up my bare thigh, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake. I am frozen, unmoving as he guides my legs apart. He easies my nightgown up, until my lace panties are on full display. He sucks in a breath and I nearly combust at the image of him examining the wet spot on my underwear.

Before I can so much as form my next thought, he's tracing his long, slender middle finger up my wet slit through the silk material. I gasp, my eyes fluttering.

"So wet for me little rabbit." His usual cold calculated voice coming out raspy and unhinged. He starts to pull my underwear to the side, but something clicks in my mind, alarm bells going off. Caine was going to see the most intimate part of me.

All my fighting and anger and hatred for him would come crumbling down with breakneck speed if I allowed him to touch me. What scared me most of all, was knowing that I wouldn't have the strength to stop him once he started.

I slam my legs closed, my thighs squeezing his hand. He's caught off guard at my sudden movements, still in a dark haze. I use the opportunity to push him off me. He sort of stumbles as I leap up from the chair, rushing towards the door. My face blazing shame, as I slam the door shut behind me.

A Treacherous King- Dark Mafia Romance जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें