~8~

~Time skip~

~5 Hours later~

~Y/n POV~

My head is pounding and I feel like throwing up. Bird's being more harsh today, maybe because he doesn't know what to do with Eri? Whatever..As long as he's letting her rest.

"Alright. Time's up brat, I'm done with you." Bird yells out while putting his gloves back on and sending his men back. I nod and loosen my fighting stance, mentally sighing. 'Finally, I'm so tired.'

He walks over to me and pulls out his keys, unlocking the training room door. "We're not going to the room today, I have more important matters to deal with." I nod. 'I hope he has another meeting, that's the only time breaks happen..Well, that was before Eri got her quirk..'

Without realizing it, we made it to my room. He unlocks it and pushes the door open. In the middle of the room sat Eri, trembling and staring at the door in fear, tears running down her face. My eyes widen at the sight as my instincts kicked in, not caring that Bird was there. I ran over to Eri and hugged her tightly, as if it were the last time I'd see her. I heard a grunt behind me as the door slammed shut.

"062! Y-you're back! I thought you wouldn't!" The young girl in my arms cried out as her held onto me tightly. I quietly wince in pain, not only because my fresh wounds are being pressed on, but because a literal 4 year old has to be fearful that her sister would never come back to her. A 4 year old has to be locked in a room. A 4 year old has to be tortured because of a quirk she didn't even choose. A 4 year old has to be worried about her life. A 4 year old who was so happy before has been turned into a girl who struggles to smile.

For the first time in years, I felt tears run down my face, more than there was when I broke down. I held on to her. "I-I made a promise, didn't I?" I struggled to whisper as I let go of Eri the slightest bit. "Look at me." I whispered to her. She hesitantly looked at me. "I will always be here. Whether it's physically, or mentally, I will always be by your side." I softly put my hand on her cheek as I wiped away her tears. "No matter how long it takes, I will always come back to you, I promise." The small girl looks at me and nods with the softest smile. I smiled back at her and picked her up, bringing her to our bed.

I set her down and I sat next to her. She starts to wipe away her tears with the back of her hands as I smile softly at her. 'I love her so much..'

"H-Hey 062?"

"Hm?" I replied as I pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Can..can I see..." She starts to mumble the rest of the question.

"Shh, shh, shhh." I whisper putting my hand on her shoulder. "Y-you're mumbling." I say, mentally cursing myself for me slipping up on my words. I mean, it's been over 6 years since I've last talked, but still, It's annoying.

She takes a deep breath before repeating herself quickly. "CanIseeyou'refacewithoutthemask?"

I smile softly, understanding what she was saying. I nod and take my mask off slowly. 'I don't think she saw my face properly before, it was kind of dark..What if she's scared' I try to calm myself down by taking a deep breath. 'She's not like that..She wouldn't be scared of me.'

I finally take it off completely as I looked at her. She had an unreadable look on her face. 'Shit, I guess she is..' "Sorry.." I pick the mask up and g to put it on as Eri holds my arm.

"No no! I didn't mean it like that! It's just..Those look like they hurt.." I smile softly and nod.

"They, uh, they did, but it was bearable. They didn't kill me. There's no point in letting them weigh you down if it's already happened, you just have to acknowledge them and move forward..Just like yours." I say as I look down at her now scared arm. For them to heal that quickly means that they weren't too deep thankfully.