~14~

"How would you feel about me taking you in when you're released from the hospital?"

~Y/n POV~

'For the first time since I've been stuck, nothing has ever surprised me...I've always known what was going to happen next. But this...This was not what I was expecting to be asked..'

"What...?" I said out loud before I could catch myself. I quickly put a hand to my face, but it was too late.

I looked at the man with wide eyes. Clear shock appeared on his face before he pushed it aside.

"Well, I just thought since I would be taking care of Eri and since we can't track your family...I could take you in. I can't just separate you girls.."

I stare at him, motionless. I felt the grip on my waist tighten as Eri hugged me tighter. I looked at her as I put my hand on her head.

'If I agree, we wouldn't be separated. But why should I trust him around me? Eri's kind and considerate, it's easy to like her. But I'm the complete opposite.. Why should I believe he'll be good to me too?' I pull her closer to me. 'Everything I've ever done was for Eri. Everything I'm living for, it's all for Eri. I need to stay with her. Not just because she needs me, but because I need her.'

I look at Mr. Aizawa as I take a quiet breath. I hesitated, but eventually, I nodded my head.

A small smile appeared on his face as I hear sniffles under me. Looking back down at Eri, small tears were rolling down her cheeks. I quickly pull away and put my hands on her cheeks, looking at her with worry.

"I-It's nothing.. I'm just happy me and Kemuri are going to say with each other!" She says as she throws herself on to me. I softly smile under my mask and I hold her close.

I rub her shoulder as I pull away from her, signaling for her to move in front of me. I put my hand out in front of me and she immediately knew what to do, putting her hand out next to mine.

-_FlashBack_-
-Age: 4-

I sat in the corner of my bed as I cried, curled up in a ball while hugging a small [f/a] plushy. I had just woken up from a nightmare and the dark room didn't help.

I heard a small shuffling coming from my brothers bed as he turned over.

His face..I can't remember it..But I will always remember his actions.

"—/—?" He said my name in a groggy voice. "Are you okay??" He quickly got up from bed as he stumbled over to mine.

"I-I'm okay.." I sniffed, lying through my tears.

He shook his head as he sighed. "Nu-uh, you're obviously crying.." He hugged me and I hugged him back, slowly calming down.

"Here, lets come up with a handshake!" He said, assumingely trying to lift up the mood and distract me. I nodded my head as I wiped away my tears.

He thought for a second before putting his hand out. "Give me your hand." I gave him my hand as he placed it next to his, facing each other.

He guided my hand through the handshake. He clapped our hands, then made the back part of our hands hit and we locked pinky's (pinky promised).

_____________________________________