~17~

______________________________________________________________________________

~(💕6.4K+ words💕)~

______________________________________________________________________________

The young girl closed her eyes as she let her mind roam for a dream. 'Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if I was never taken...'

~Y/n POV~

My eyes felt heavy as I drifted off to sleep. My dream noticeably took inspiration from my thoughts as it started:

I opened my eyes to a large field of grass. Looking around, I see a swing set not too far behind me, the swing still slightly in motion. I shrug it off as I turn back around and continue walking.

Suddenly, I see two boys in front of me, holding something in their hands. Both of their faces were blurred as they came closer.

"We got the popsicles N/—! We got you [f/c] of course!" The taller boy says—my brother. His face.., I wish I could see it again.

He hands over a cold [f/c] popsicle. This used to be my favorite color, and it still is in second place, but red reminds me of my brother.

I smile at him as I grab the cold snack, looking over to the slightly smaller boy next to him. His face was blurred out as well, but I remember him, him and his emerald green eyes, my best friend. A blurry smile was spread across his face as he opened the snack.

"Do you want to go to the monkey bars?" he asked us happily. Both my brother and I nod as we run to the monkey bars.

Suddenly, I don't remember anything that happened to me. No pain, no kidnapping, nothing. My mind was blank as I climbed the monkey bars, sat on top of them, and opened up the popsicle.

The two then climbed up behind me, my brother sitting to my left and my best friend to my right.

"So, what'd you do while waiting for us?" My brother asked me.

"Just on the swings," I replied absentmindedly. 'I was? Do I remember doing that...?'

The boy to my right whined, "You should have come with us N/—~! Auntie Mitsuki scolded us for letting you stay alone, saying something could have happened to you!"

"Yeah right, I knew if something happened, N/— would have kicked their butts, and so would I!" My brother said, side-hugging me while taking a bite from his popsicle.

I laughed and hugged him back, "Of course I would have!" My best friend laughed and shook his head.

A few minutes went by, my brother already finished his popsicle as he impatiently waited for us. "Come onnn~! You guys are taking forever!" He whined.

"Come on Katsu, it hasn't even been-" I paused midsentence. 'Katsu..? Who the hell is that?'

"What? Why'd you just stop midsentence?" My brother said looking at me.

I shook my head, looked back at him, and asked, "Who's Katsu?"

"What?" He laughed slightly, "What do you mean?"

"I mean; Who's Katsu?"

He tilted his head slightly in confusion, "I'm Katsu? That's the nickname you gave me. N/—, are you feeling okay?"