~18~

💕4.9k+ words💕

Kemuri stared at her, her eyebrow somewhat up as she took a step back awkwardly. 'What am I supposed to do now?' 

~3rd Person POV (Including Thoughts)~

Kemuri simply backed away, looking at the smiling pink girl in front of her. 

Mina gulped before moving her hands to her sides, smiling awkwardly. "Uh, well it's nice to meet you, Eri's sister!" 

Kemuri stayed away, only looking at her face and nodding. Instead of her usual, nonchalant expression, an emotionless look took over her face. 'Why is she so...lively?' 

Mina's smile wavered ever so slightly from the girl's expressionless stare. The interaction was awkward to all those around, with some looking away from the scene while others were staring at the two, trying to figure out who would make the first move. Although that never happened. 

This did, however, give the class time to take in Kemuri's appearance. She was wearing a baggy white T-shirt with a pair of baggy black pants with small stars on them. She had visible bandages wrapped around her both her arms and neck. She had on a plain black mask to cover the major scar on her lower face, though some small scars still visibly littered around. Her body leaned on the pair of crutches at her side, which supported her weight, allowing her to stand easier. 

Kemuri noticed all the eyes on her as she looked down at her feet, her eyes darting, looking for anything to focus on and distract her. Her chest felt heavy, a feeling she was all too familiar with. She never had so many people looking at her, let alone people she'd never seen before. She was being thrown into a situation she had never thought would happen: being surrounded by others her age, others who were free their whole lives. 

The awkward and uncomfortable silence was broken by a forced cough. "Uh- How about we go check out more of the games now that everyone's here again?" 

Kemuri slowly looked up from the ground, seeing a boy who had bright red hair and eyes with a hand on Mina's shoulder. The class simultaneously agreed before starting to argue over which game to go to first. 

Kemuri continued to stare at the redhead, who eventually felt her eyes on him. He looked away from the class debate and over to Kemuri, sending a smile and wave to her. She simply replied with a barely noticeable nod before looking over to Midoriya, who had an embarrassed face. 

Mirio had called Eri over during the interaction, now playing rock-paper-scissors with her to distract her from the odd situation. Kemuri limped over to Midoriya, who had his hands covering his face. 

She took the pen out of her pocket and poked Midoriya with it, quickly pulling him away from his thoughts and over to her. 

"Kemuri! I'm so sorry that happened!" He said, his face filled with guilt from the interaction she had with his class. Even he knew it wasn't a good first impression. 

Kemuri shrugged her shoulders before shaking her head, writing down on her small notepad. 'It's whatever. It was a better reaction than I thought would happen.' 

Midoriya let out a sigh of relief, realizing that she didn't have very high expectations, which he understood, considering her...situation. He gave a small smile before standing up straight and looking over to his classmates.