Chapter 7

As soon as Gabrielle had finished putting on her shoes the doorbell rang. She opened the door to see James and immediately put her hand over her mouth as she gasped at the beautiful blue roses he was holding.

"I just remembered I don't know if you are allergic to flowers." He said as handed them to her. "I also wasn't sure which color roses you liked best so I got blue to match your eyes, and now I see that it also matches your dress."

"You really should have asked that, because I am highly allergic," she said as she sneezed.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry, here let me take them back. I will throw them outside so they can't affect you anymore."

"I am kidding," she said grinning. "They are very lovely. But pink roses with yellow tips are my favorite. I think those and these blues are tied now."

"You just sneezed, are you sure? I can get you something else."

"Yes, I am sure. I felt myself about to sneeze anyway so I decided to have a little fun."

"That was not nice and you are not funny."

"I know but you still want me."

"Lucky for you."

"Yes, lucky me."

"You look lovely by the way."

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself." Looking him up and down she realized not only did they match, but that James was once again wearing shoes that matched his outfit. "Did you pop in here earlier for like 2 seconds while I was changing and leaving?"

"No. Did you hear something? Do I need to get Lillith to put a protection spell on your house?" He sounded scared and worried and his face showed a matching expression.

"Calm down babe. I didn't hear or see anything. I only asked because we are wearing the same color."

"Don't scare me like that woman. You really had me worried."

"I didn't mean to. I don't go around scaring people on purpose. Unless it is Halloween, but that is expected."

"You just called me babe." He had a grin on his face now.

"Yeah, is that okay?"

"Does this mean you are mine? Or are you just being nice like one of those people who calls everyone sweetie?"

"I will give you that answer tonight."

"It's not nice to keep a man waiting."

"Oh, I know, but it is so much fun."

"Did you know you have a cruel sense of humor?"

"Yes, I do." She was grinning as she said this as she climbed into the back of the limo.

_________________________________________________________________________

It was around 11 when they got back to Gabrielle's house. James got out first so he could hold open the door and help her out.

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

"I really enjoyed tonight." She said as she was reaching for her keys.

"I was hoping you would. I like to see you smile."

"Would you like to come in for a moment?" she asked.

"Sure. I need to use the can anyway."

Before she could put the key in the knob the door opened.

"Something is wrong!" There was fear in her voice. "I never leave my door unlocked, much less open."